Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

if i had the willpower the other day then i wouldnt have to start over.

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im starting to think that what the replies on my last post how i should have a doctor to help me is true. i feel so stupid, i really have absolutely no willpower over damn opioids.

Today im starting over, im 22, and have a serving job an they asked if i wanted to work before the restaurant closed for the holidays. id absolutely love to make money before xmas, but id have to go get a pill and i only have enough to my name ironically to get one and im completely freaking out. the first day really wasnt that bad but i just keep thinking about the drug and how tasty it is.

i just want to be well for the holidays and to work. can i get some encouragment not to spend my last cash on it. maybe i should go buy food, coffee, ciggs....anyone think of anything else that could keep me occupied.

i feel so pathetic, everyone is on my ass about getting my crap together, its sooo overwhelming that i want to use... why is it that i just come up with so many excuses to use? how can i talked to my loved ones how serious it is that they chill out on me because im really fragile right now? im lost.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

What about going to a meeting? There you will be hearing about recovery....not just trying to find something to do to keep yourself busy. Afterward some folks do go out for coffee/food...you won't be alone.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

The truth is--there is absolutely nothing I can say/do to convince you to not pick up and use. I can only share my experience--what has worked for me--how I manage to stay clean. Recovery is an inside job..it begins with the "desire" to stop using. If you have the desire....there is hope! Do you want to stop? Only you can answer that.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Heck, if you may burn the cash on a pill, donate it and get it out of your hands..
Cash is only a way to get my next buzz in my world.
I hope you feel better
Old 12-23-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

If willpower had anything to do with quitting then none of us would have had any problem quitting. Will power has not power over addiction. I fooled myself with the willpower thing for over 20 years until I finally accepted that I have a disease and needed expert help for that disease. For me that meant a recovery program, for some it means rehab, and others may have other ways they did it but the bottom line is if you want to stop then you need to reach out and find what will work for you. Obviously willpower is not the key no matter how strong you are. Good luck to you, I do hope you find what you are seeking
Old 12-23-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Stopping using/drinking is hard, but you can do it. Do whatever it takes to stay sober. Have you talked to your dr about withdrawing?

Keep reading and posting!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

littleroo firstly you are not pathetic..........just sick and need help.

You are in the grip of an addiction........BUT there is an solution..

And believe it or not you have taken the first step.

Asking for help and being honest about your addiction is a huge door you have just opened......so congratulations.

Sounds like you have a plan and you also know that there are endless good people here to support you.......and if you can, get medical advice..

Have you considered contacting N.A?

Do you have someone thats clean and sober that is willing to stick close to you for a 3 or 4 days?

You can do this my friend..........this old drunk did....with help......trucker