Notices

I blacked out Friday & Saturday and drank all day sunday

Old 12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I blacked out Friday & Saturday and drank all day sunday

I have been doing very well with my drinking. Holding back as much as possible but this weekend I gave in again and got wasted. I am so depressed right now. And of course I am telling myself that I will never drink again. I feel so horrible.
There is an AA meeting tonight in my town and I think its time for me to finally go to AA. I keep thinking that I can control the drinking myself but I cant.
I was such an jerk all weekend and it just isn't like me. I really want to change my life. I know that I have a lot of good to offer but all that ever comes out in the end is the drunk. I NEED HELP! My anxiety is through the roof right now. I am also a manic depressive and I know that the drinking is counteracting my medication.
I want a life free of the addiction. I want to be happy without having to drink. I feel as though I have bottomed out. Im nervous, scared, frustrated, depressed, and self loathing.
It has to get better, I have to turn this around and it has to be now! I need control of my life again! I have such admiration for all of you who have been able to remain sober and are now truly living the life that you have always wanted to live. I hope that one day I will be right there with you. By changing your lives for the better and posting on this site, you have all inspired me.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep fighting...........One day at a time.

I'm a weekend binge drinker as well and it took me being threatened with not being able to see my daughter anymore for me to finally wake up. I didn't respect myself (I do now) or anybody else for that matter and like you said was a complete azz to all the people who TRULY cared about me.

I don't know what your interests are, but I've personally dedicated myself to my health by joining the gym and am beginning to set goals for myself that I would never be able to acheive when under the influence.

Start respecting yourself, your body, and the family and friends that truly care about you and you can get through this.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays
Old 12-22-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

AA meetings?
They are like classrooms for learning how to change yourself
into being the best you can be....

I find AA is an awesome adventure...and I'm so pleased
you are willing to explore AA.

About 1/3 of my AA group do use meds
for Bi-Polar and they all agree the meds work best sober.

Glad you are planning for a fresh start...
Recovery Really Rocks!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Please know that you can live a happy and peaceful life.

You are right about the medication for bipolar not working so well, when it's mixed with alcohol. It sounds like you're ready to do the work you need to do to stay sober and I'm so glad that you found us. There is lots of support here.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

If you believe we all have a "bottom", this could be it. Why wait for something worse? I did.. and I almost lost everything in my life.

Please take care of yourself
Old 12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

[QUOTE=sdfox15fb;2033117]I was such an jerk all weekend and it just isn't like me.QUOTE]

I believe that 'being a jerk' wasn't you...it was the alcohol. I can relate!

When I drink...I turn into a completely different person. It baffles me each time, and I always swear I'll be in more control the next time, but of coarse that doesn't happen. Why? Because I have no control over alcohol.

I AM the nicest gal you could meet. I'm bright, caring, thoughtful and a lot of fun.....put a couple of drinks into me and boom! I turn into a self-centered, loud-mouthed brat.....a HUGE jerk.

Tay.