Mad at myself, I flew the coop.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Angry Mad at myself, I flew the coop.

I don't even know what happened or where it went wrong. He acted upset all day Friday but kept telling me nothing was wrong. Then he went to bed at 7:00 that night!!! Then he woke up Saturday and didn't say 5 words to me. And that continued all morning and into afternoon. Cold shoulder, rolled eyes and snickers. So finally around 8:00 last night I stopped and asked him what was going on that he's upset about. And from there the world crumbled.

Boy we got into it hot and heavy. Words and name calling, mostly. Which is a big step up from last time. But it still was childish and pathetic. I do the best I can with the program, trying so hard not to fall into his little moods. But when you listen to the same crap day in and day out at some point you just get so sick of listening to the lies over and over again that protecting, defending, yourself just comes naturally.

I think it's time I go my own way. I love him with all my heart and if it's meant to be it will be. But the only thing I feel for him right now is hate, disgust, resentment, anger.

I don't know what to do. I'm so upset right now. It seems like the harder I try the harder I fall.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Taking time to think out calmly and rationally may help. Make plans on leaving if that's what will be best for you. Make plans for setting and enforing boundaries if that is what is best for you.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My life got so much better once I started to detach a bit from him and all his drama. Our relationship was toxic, and it had been for a long time. I started going to meetings, started seeing a counselor, and started to focus on ME and my stuff instead of focusing on him all the time.

It took awhile, but slowly I got better. You can too, one day at a time, if you're ready.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If it's the same crap day in and day out, that's not "little moods." That's continual verbal and emotional abuse.

I'm sorry you're going through it.

((( )))
Old 12-21-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

I agree with Denny..

Read what you have posted here...
Originally Posted by kv816 View Post
He's told me a couple dozen times that if I leave he'll have nothing, not even a reason to keep living. And that's hard for me to stomach--what if he really does kill himself after I leave? It'll feel like my fault!
To say this type of thing to someone you love and to cause them this much pain and anguish is controlling, hurtful and very abusive. It shows a complete lack of concern and respect for you and your feelings. Plus it is very unlikely he will do this, it is a ploy he knows he can play because he knows you will be thinking what you have posted here.

It is a control taktic to keep you tied to him and his misery.

It was very difficult to admit I was being abused, but now Iknow the signs I will never fall under it again.

Read through the stickies on emotional abuse

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx