OT-Healing human thoughts would be appreciated

Old 12-19-2008, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT-Healing human thoughts would be appreciated

My youngest AD had to take me to the ER at 5 this morning. I haven't been that sick in years and thought I was going to die. Some intestinal virus is going around, and I started vomiting and getting diarrhea around 11 last night. I ended up cramping so bad I was crying and had bloody diarrhea. I was on an IV for 4 hours and I don't remember how many meds they gave me until the dry heaves finally stopped (I had nothing left in my stomach by then).

They also gave me some heavy duty antibiotics in the IV, and I've got two scripts AD has to pick up for me, more antibiotics (that I can start tomorrow once my stomach is settled for good) and more anti-nausea meds. Thank God she doesn't work till 6 tonight so she'll be able to get the zoo crew fed for late meal before work and I can continue to rest.

I'm still really groggy and my head is pounding, but nothing out either end since I've gotten home. I feel really weak right now. Prayers would be appreciated. That was really scary because I haven't been that sick since before my stomach surgery three years ago and couldn't keep anything down towards the end.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OMG Freedom how frightening!
warm ((((((hugs)))))) from the frozen northeast -
i hope you feel better soon-
peace-
b
Old 12-19-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

How awful! Sending prayers for healing..

Karen
Old 12-19-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

lots of healing cyber hugs being sent your way, hope you get well soon, K
Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ago

OMG Free...that's TERRIBLE

/hugs

When I got 30 days sober (16 years ago) my next door neighbor had 17 years or something "Godlike" and I got the stomach flu, so I was up all night hurling, had the "trots" something fierce, and was just laying in the bottom of the tub for about 8 hours with the shower on groaning, crying, throwing up and asking for help.

A few days later I saw her, and had to make haste to explain I had the stomach flu because she was giving me "stinkeye" something fierce, she thought I had gotten drunk.

Was the one humorous thing to come out of all that, we still talk about that and laugh when I see her.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Freedom,
sorry you were so sick. It sounds exactly like what happened to a woman at work. she felt ok and then suddenly got really sick. She was in the bathroom for over an hour because she couldn't stop having diarrhea and vomiting.

The ladies from her department and a couple from mine had to help her. They found her some clothes because she had soiled hers and they were checking on her and brought her a bucket to throw up in. They even had to put plastic on the floor because she was that sick. We all felt so bad for her because she is really strong and together and this thing just railroaded her.

She finally had to have her hubby pick her up when she could leave the bathroom and could barely walk on her own. she was back at work yesterday and seemed fine. A nasty bug that I hope I don't get. I hope that's all yours is too. Feel better and be glad you weren't at work!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((freedom))) I'm really sorry to hear that you were hit with such a horrible bug. It seems that gastrointestinal bugs rear their ugly heads this time of year. I went through something similar - but nearly as bad as your's - back in December '02.

I hope you are starting to feel better. Sending healing thoughts your way!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope your feeling better soon Freedom...(Hugs and Prayers)
Old 12-19-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((DeVon)))

Sending healing hugs and prayers. I can imagine that was scary, being so sick, but I'm glad your daughter was there.

Curl up with the furbabies and get some rest.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-19-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Oh Freedom, how horrible! I hope you feel better soon. Sending you hugs! :ghug3:ghug3
Old 12-19-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sending you good thoughts for good health ((( )))
Old 12-19-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better!

Take care.

Sue
Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OMG DeVon I am so sorry you were sick. That is just awful !!! I am glad you are back home and recovering. Prayers are definetly going up for you. and yes it is terribly scary. Anything to do with hospitals is scary, especially for those of us who visit them far too often anyway.

You take care of you and be extra nice to yourself. We'll keep your seat warm and some hot broth on the stove for ya.

Mike
Old 12-19-2008, 11:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm sending positive thoughts & energy your way. You'll be in my prayers.