A little more hopeful

Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little more hopeful

My niece has been in the workhouse for about 3 months. I posted that when she first got there she was delusional (really!)

She seems to be doing a little better. So for any that are curious, it seems to have taken about 4 months total for the meth psychosis to abate.

I now understand why the psychiatist at the workhouse did not want to prescribe meds for a while.

So, she's got another 4-1/2 months. I'm hoping she'll be ready for rehab when her time is done. She is reading, going to bible study and has a mentor. She is more respectful and has stopped insisting that she didn't get justice.

The only downer from my perspective is that the nitwit druggy boyfriend is still in the picture, but I'm turning him over to my HP. He has no job, no money, no car, suspended licence, is being sued by his ex for child support and is about to be evicted, so I'm not too worried. He can't visit her often because he getting around on a bike (in MN winter!).

Thanks for all your support along the way. Happy Holidays to all!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad she is doing better, and that YOU are sounding better. The fact that she's not whining about all the injustice done to her, or talking about the bf getting her out "any day now" makes me think maybe she's accepting a little reality? I'm glad she's being respectful.

Hopefully, in time, she will see that the nitwit bf isn't all that great, but that's between him, her and HP.

Keep taking care of you, and I hope you have a good holiday!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks TD I too am glad the haze is lifting and that you are feeling better as well. She is right where she is supposed to be and I too suspect consequences will catch up with the ABF. Happy holidays.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gee, that BF sounds like a real 'catch', huh? what are these girls thinking?? but really great news on your neice. sounds like this lock-up was a good thing for her, maybe what she needs?? God bless you and she both...
Old 12-19-2008, 03:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am glad that she is doing better. I understand the nitwit boyfriend part. As your niece continues to get better, maybe he won't look so attractive to her. The hard part for my daughter to let go of with her addicted boyfriend was the history that they had together. My daughter did not feel so good about herself and he accepted her warts and all. Prayers that she continues on a good path. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-19-2008, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Good to hear she's making progress. My daughter's boyfriend, bought an electric bike, (Canadian winter's) LOL. She fights for him to the exclusion of her son ...because he saved her life!! Makes ya wanna hurle really. You are sounding good though...
Hope this holiday season is blessed for you!!
NSW
Old 12-19-2008, 04:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks to all for your response. It is really comforting to me to hear from all of you.

I am feeling better and I am realizing that the boyfriend is just part of her journey.

Happy Holidays to everyone.