Notices

New Here and saying HI with a question?

Old 12-18-2008, 02:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here and saying HI with a question?

5 years ago i went through treatment for alocohol and havent drank since...but now i have for the better part of 2 years been taking pain pills, i have made it through a full 24 hours without any, im withdrawlaling right now but im ok with that, just curious if it gets worse tomarrow and the next day?...i have read all about it and i know what i can expect but no one put a time table on when the worst comes on...just curious...and again i would like to say hi to everyone and wish everyone luck in the recovery they are searching for...thanks everyone...

chris
Old 12-18-2008, 05:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't know anything about withdrawal from pain pills, but if you post your question on the Substance Abusers forum someone there should be able to help you.

Welcome to a great place to get clean and sober!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you are seeking help.

I wonder if you have talked to your dr?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and glad you are here. I do not know too much about drug detoxing, but I would call my doctor about it. Might be a medication they can give you to help you through it.

Let us know how you are doing.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

I agree with the others..depending on what you are taking>I definitely would talk with a doctor about it. As far as alcohol and recovery etc....it is not uncommon for some of us to switch from one addiction to another..whether alcohol to another substance etc. I switched stuff around from time to time too.....but because I am an addict...I pretty much can get addicted to just about anything>doesn't matter what the specific substance is. I suffer from a disease called addiction. Alcohol was my poison too for many years, but later on I did end up trying other substances and found a difficult time quitting that stuff too. Glad you are here. You are not alone.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hi Chris, and welcome to SR. There's a well-attended Pills Anonymous meeting here North Scottsdale Fellowship Club - Home-Home every Wednesday afternoon at 5:30 PM. Maybe you'd be interested in checking it out sometime?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The worst part of it is usually over with after the second day, but this is just from my experience. I would definitely talk with your doctor.