Notices

I'll take it as a Sign!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

I'll take it as a Sign!

Well, I started my new job today and while I'm under some pressure to produce and get things organized it really wasn't bad. People will be looking to me to steer the ship as I'm the so-called "expert" in what were trying to do but it shouldn't get too crazy and is just another reason for me to stay sober.
I know what alcohol does to my motivation and I certainly don't want to be looking for another job in this economy.

I was really worried what the stress of a new job, having to produce, direct others plus the holidays coming up would do to my thinking and desire to stay sober.

Anyway, not to worry. My new co-worker, who will be joined at the hip with me, working on projects together; is 7 years sober and active in AA.
Not sure how the conversation came up this morning but I'm so relieved that I'm sharing an office and working with someone who totally gets it.

We do a fair amount of entertaining, etc and having another person with me who doesn't drink and understands the whole sobriety thing is awesome.

I could not have asked for a better situation to be in at the moment. An excellent, solid new job and my partner is an AA success story!

I'm taking this as a major sign from my HP that I'm making the right decisions and on the right path.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow!

That's really great, Omega Man!

It sounds like your hard work is paying off, on all fronts.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's great, and I'm very happy for you to have someone so 'gifted' to work with!:ghug3 for you both!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a great post to read! Nice one Omega:-)

Got a quick one for you, 9 weeks sober, been going to counselling and she has been hassling me to go to AA, hmmm been thinking about it, random conversation today about xmas party this week and told my coworker i dont drink...turns out she is 3 years sober and goes to AA, I'm going to go down with her in January...cool huh?
Old 12-15-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

......I love those "God Shots"
Thanks for sharing yours Omega Man.