Karma - the newer and the real old....

Old 12-13-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Karma - the newer and the real old....

First off, is anyone else hitting the quote button about a million times instead of the thanks button because it's moved (or am i nuts)!!!!

Ok, so I haven't posted nor really given any advice because I don't know what i'm doing either lol! But, about 2 weeks ago i was out with my friend and we happened to be sitting at a table at a restaurant that my seat faced into the function room. SO, i'm sitting there and spot my ex Brian that i hadn't seen in over 7 years and we've been broken up for 10. Little background, he broke up with me after meeting a girl at a job i got him through my friend. They got married about a year or so after. So he was on his way to the bathroom and i said "hey", he kept going, so i said "brian" and he looked at me and said "holy $hit" because i look different, lost about 65 lbs. since him Must have told me about 100 times how good i looked. He in my opinion always drank too much, so i asked him if he was still drinking that 30 pack every Sunday and he said "no, now on Saturday"....GREAT!! He then asked for my phone number and right then his "girlfriend" (he told me "friend") came up to us and i told him that he doesn't change, things are still the same and he'd never learn!! BECAUSE......his wife gave him the boot for being that same old jerk. So he asked me if that made me feel good to know he was getting divorced. I looked right at him and said "I don't give a $hit what you do with your life"....AND MEANT IT LOL!!!!! My friend said to me, just know if nothing else, that he knows he screwed up by the way he was acting. Told me his mum still talks about me!! Karma does come around, just takes a while!!!

As for J, ran into them at the store last night which made me bummed. Although, they are a sight for sore eyes!!! Yikes!! Of course he spotted my brother's girlfriend and B lined it to the next aisle. Anyways, because we haven't spoken since he left, it was soooooooo tempting to go right upto them and ask about the money situation but also don't want to shoot myself in the foot if she doesn't know! Uggghhhh tis the season to feel dreadfully single!!!! Oh well, could be worse, could be with him lol!!!!!

My point is that as much as we want them to change for the better and see what's good for them, they have to want to change for themselves!! Never did hear from Brian after that meeting.....nothings changed!!
Old 12-13-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm enjoying being a single gal again. It doesn't bother me one bit.

A few weeks back, I had a call from an ex boyfriend from 25 years ago. He wasn't a drinker, but turns out he was married and calling me from his bedroom while his wife was in the other room. Smooth. I'm learning that it's best to let sleeping dogs lie and not even bother saying hello to an ex should I happen upon one in public.

I definitely won't be returning any phone calls from ex boyfriends. There's a reason they're ex boyfriends.

So what's new with you, HBB? How's your dad doing? Did you find a new job yet?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Oh that's right, i read your thread about that ex...what a sly one huh!! I know, my father said there are millions of single men and i'm stuck on 2 losers!!!

New with me, umm my dad is doing AWESOME! Like a rebirth and loving life. It truly has been wonderful. To think that just 5 weeks ago we were soooo down in the dumps as a family. God works miracles. Wish he'd work one finding me a job though. Tough times for sure here in Mass. I'm at 3 temp agencies but nothing yet. Hopefully something soon!

Wish i could be okay being single. I hate it and i've been doing it a long time!

How are you doing? What's new on your end? Ready for Christmas?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Have you tried online dating or a social club? I tried online dating for six months. Only went on a few dates but nothing came of it. I figure I'm not ready yet. I'll try again when I'm more open to the idea. Right now I'm perfectly happy being on my own.

Other than softball, do you have any hobbies? I really enjoy art of any kind: painting, drawing, computer graphics, web design, interior decorating, landscape design, crafts of any kind, cooking, baking, volunteering at a local animal shelter, looking at model homes (to steal inexpensive decorating ideas), reading.

I'm nearly ready for Christmas. Have to buy a few goodies for my pups so they have a few things to open under the tree on Christmas Day. Can't leave them out. Tonight my daughter and I will be trimming the Christmas tree. This year's tree will feature tropical fish with lime green and turquoise sequins, starfish, and sea horses. No traditional red and green decorations in my house.

I still need to stop by Starbucks and buy some Christmas blend coffee for my mom. I bought her some one year (she's a coffee fanatic) and now it's become a yearly thing.

This year I adopted a family in need for Christmas. They'll have some lovely surprises under their tree on Christmas morning. I'm grateful that I can help folks who are truly unable to help themselves and who truly deserve something special.

I'm glad to hear your father is doing so well.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
there are millions of single men and i'm stuck on 2 losers!!!

I also am so happy, grateful to be single... I can't even think, how I would do it if I still had even one of my losers around... I think there are millions of single men & Gaining. The stats for singles are going up, how come??? At least for me, I repeated the lesson, till I finally learned:bounce

yummm Christmas blend coffee

Last edited by DesertEyes; 12-14-2008 at 09:38 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
I know, my father said there are millions of single men and i'm stuck on 2 losers!!!
I feel the same way millions of single guys out there why do we get "stuck" so often on people who abuse and take advantage of our kindness...I only hope I can walk by him one day and show him I am better off...
Old 12-14-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I couldn't be happier at this point in my life, and even with health issues kicking my butt. I haven't been involved with anyone for over 9 years now, enrolled in college full-time, just completed my first semester, and looking forward to the second semester. I cherish my 'me' time, and have become quite selfish in having my life to myself!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

You guys are right. I don't need them, either one of them! Just holding on to that dream of that perfect life together....lol ya right!!! I can honestly say i am better off but when seeing them together out bummed me out, especially so close to Christmas. I am on Match.com but not too much there going on. You know the typical, call ya and talk for a while then never hear from them again!!