Language of Letting Go - Dec. 11 - Affirmations

Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - Dec. 11 - Affirmations

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Affirmations

One of our choices in recovery is choosing what we want to think - using our mental energy positively.

Positive mental energy, positive thinking, does not mean we think unrealistically or revert to denial. If we don't like something, we respect our own opinion. If we spot a problem, we're honest about it. if something isn't working out, we accept reality. But we don't dwell on the negative parts of our experience.

Whatever we give energy to, we empower.

There is magic in empowering the good, because whatever we empower grows bigger. One way to empower the good is through affirmations: simple positive statements we make to ourselves: I love myself... I'm good enough... My life is good...I'm glad I'm alive today... What I want and need is coming to me... I can...

Our choice in recovery is not whether to use affirmations. We've been affirming thoughts and beliefs since we were old enough to speak. The choice in recovery is what we want to affirm.

Today, I will empower the good in myself, others, and life. I'm willing to release, or let go of, negative thought patterns and replace them with positive ones. I will choose what I want to affirm, and I will make it good.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann, this message is important for me. When I woke up yesterday morning, I found myself thinking about someone else's problems.AGAIN I am realizing that most of my thinking has to do with dwelling on everyone else. Like it says I need to release and let go of negative thought patterns and think healthy positive thought.