Notices

If you feel low, and need help, recommend this.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If you feel low, and need help, recommend this.

If you feel low and want someone to talk to recommend this site:

Welcome to CounsellingOnline

I was feeling really really crap, and used it today. The counselor assured me it takes about THIRTY days to get to feeling good, so I have an 22 days to go really before I can expect this all to be out my system - but not my mind.

I went in anonyomous by the way, so you don't have to sign up & it's one on one.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's only available to people in Australia, does sound like a good idea though.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh sorry all, I thought anyone could use it :o/

Oh well, is ANYONE here but me from Australia? LOL!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes Tryingto, I am from Queensland. I just looked up the site and oh boy, do I ever need it.
Thanks for your post and for pointing me at that Counselling site.
Am about to have a lovely COOL shower as it's been a HOT and muggy day here and I have been packing as I am being booted out of my unit because the landlord can get more rent from others than from old pensioner me. Have nowhere to go and hate moving house, but needs must.

Turned it all over to God to handle, He's been good to me for lots of things, but don't know what he is like as a real estate agent. About to find out.

God bless
Old 12-10-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jadmack, oh good, I am so glad somebody else can use it. It's really really good. Best of all is free. It just helps with that touch of support, and I can't believe it's 24/7 support.

So your literally have nowhere to go? Do you have any family or friends you could stay with just a bit?
It's disgusting, it's so hard to survive now (well, for low to middle braket income) and I believe pensioners have it the worst off, especially if your renting. The rental market is crazy right now.
Anyway I am harping on but I just feel for you, nobody deserves that situation. I will hope for you, something will work out. Update when you can!
Maybe that counseling site will give you some contacts?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Breathing

Sounds like a wonderful addition to support!!

Good luck MadJack... that kinda bites, I'll be sending up prayers for ya.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for your wishes Trying.
Yes I have daughters here, but they live too far from ambulance and hospital services, and I have angina. Where I have been living is round the corner from a 24 hr ambulance station and the seniors units are even closer. My doctor is nearby, as is shopping centre, and the bus picks me up outside my door. Also have friend 2 streets away from me who drives me to prayer meetings and Mass, and abf is 5 mins walk away from me. Moving from this area would mean total mess as would need to to get 2 buses to see Dr, abf and library and friends, also change parish church etc. Just thought S**T, have to re-arrange my phone package deal, ISP etc., and if move out of area another B****Y number. At least the hospital has rescheduled my next cataract op to Feb, that is 1 problem out the way.

Abf has said I am welcome to stay with him in his unit, and can store all my gear at daughter's place, so vision of me setting up a tent outside the Town Hall may not become reality. Wonder what our Mayor would think of that?

Got told by Housing officer that I would have been on highest need list if I had just come out of prison. Should I go commit a crime to get a home? Unbelievable isn't it.
Spent my life obeying the law and get zilch. Worked and paid taxes and someone my taxes kept whilst in prison, is ahead of me for a home.

No wonder we look at pollies with as on same level as shonky used car salesmen.

Will let you know what happens, and thanks.

God bless