Notices

Day 7 and life's good

Old 12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 7 and life's good

Hi guys, well it's day 7 today, and life is looking up...

I'm usually a hermit with a glass in my hand, but this week I have been to town twice, once with Hubby and once with Miss 19, I had a great time both times with no panic attacks or anxiety.

I've been enjoying cooking again instead of it being a chore.

I've smiled more this week than in the last 6 months, and it's a smile that comes from right down deep, a happy warming smile.

I've done so much more with my children, and again, because I've realy enjoyed it, not just out of guilt and responsibility like when I was drinking.

I've spent last weeks booze money on a set of wheel trims for my car, 4 DVDs and a double christmas CD for the family, it felt great.

I've eaten well and feel healthier for it, I've drunk a ton of water & juice and feel healthier for it, and I've gotten more excersize and feel good.

I'm looking forward to Christmas with no booze, just a fun time with my husband and children, they are all the buzz I need.

The only negative is sleeping, it's a shocker, but I'll get there, and I know I'm very lucky to only have one negative thing happening, I've gotten off lightly this time, and I intend on making the most of it, my detoxs in the past have been shocking, as have my recoveries (that didn't last obviously) so I never want to do this again because I know I won't get it as easy as this next time.... someone is definately looking over me and blessing my efforts!!!

I hope every one is having a fantastic day and feeling rightly proud of their efforts

Last edited by findingkermit; 12-09-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-09-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go Kermit!!! Great job on getting that first week out of the way!

I love reading about how happy you are, it cheers me up too
Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time! Glad you're feeling so good! Keep moving forward, one day at a time!

:ghug3
Old 12-09-2008, 01:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thankyou Jakey, Phaleron & Least

Jakey, congrats on your weekend too, what a fantastic effort, well done!!!!

Phaleron, my sleeping is that I can't get to sleep for a couple of hopurs even if I wait until I am completely knackerd, and then when I do get to sleep, it is the sort of sleep where I am still aware of all the little noises going on around me (a car going up the road, someone snoring, a cough etc....) and I also wake regularly and can't drift off again for another 1/2- 1 hour, it's a very frustrating stressful sleep.

Last edited by findingkermit; 12-09-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo :)
Old 12-09-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

and it will only get better findingkermit.

I used to suffer from panic attacks and anxiety ( or I thought I did ).

Funnily enough now I'm sober, I don't seem to have had a problem with either in months.

Just keep it going
Old 12-09-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you Kermit. You have absolutely excelled.
It must be nice to have yourself back, and it sounds like your family is benefiting.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thankyou fizzywater

Hiya tryingto, I've read a few of your posts today (I have just been flicking in & out of the threads) I'm sorry to hear you are having a bit of a hard time of it, and I really hope tomorrow is a much better day for you, you deserve it!!!

Every day you don't pick up. is a day to be happy with and feel very proud about.

I wish I could sprinkle some happy dust for you and make it all better.

I know I nearly always sound happy on here, but it's not all plain sailing that is for sure, and I hope my posts haven't got you thinking you're failing in some way because you are not feeling happy? I'm not happy all day every day (I'd be very worried if I was lol) I have been a grump this afternoon, lack of sleep I think, but I just keep concentrating on the good stuff and that my down mood won't last, it always goes away, it's not a life sentence, but drinking is.

Cheer up chick, and PM me if you need to have a natter

Last edited by findingkermit; 12-09-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typos
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

FK..... I LOVE YOUR POST!!!!

I feel all warm & fuzzy inside. I, like you, am seeing the wonderous side of sobriety and actually "living sober" this time around! I just want to bottle this up (as I do how sick I was this last detox) and be able to taste it whenever I need to (or need a reminding of how bad it can get!!!)!

I hear hope.... I hear gratitude.... I hear Ho Ho Ho.... I hear some happiness... etc., etc.... You are so inspiring! I'm proud of you and know you're family has to be too and are blessed to have YOU back!!!

Loved this!
:ghug2
Hugs xoxox,
Nicki
Old 12-09-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Finding Kermit xxx
Old 12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
new and scared. :(

kermie I am so happy for you!!! I was thinking about you earlier today wondering where that woman went!!!

don't worry about the sleeping, your body will eventully get the cycle back. Just rest and relax as much as you can. take some valerian from the health food store, it really does work!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
I, like you, am seeing the wonderous side of sobriety and actually "living sober" this time around!
What is it about this time around ?, I tried for 3 days to figure what is making it different this time, and the only conclusion I could come up with was " don't try & figure it, just appreciate it and make the most of it"

Thankyou so much for your lovely post nickishine, yours gave me the warm fuzzies lol.

Again, thankyou for being here for me and thankyou for just being such a warm & caring person, you make a difference, a big one :ghug3
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi sicilia, thankyou for your post, I am still around lol, I have just been doing a lot of organising for us to go away for christmas, and getting last minute shopping done, ohhhh boy what a difference going shopping sober, I really enjoyed not freaking out and having a clear head, and spending time outside of home with Hubby & Miss 19.

I bought some heavy duty valerian from the health shop, and explained to the lady there what was going on, so she showed me a really good high potency one with some added vitamins and relaxent in it, I will give it a go tonight, but she did say it can take up to a week for my brain to start getting the message to produce the hormones etc... needed to enduce sleep and a good sleeping pattern.

How are you after the weekend?, I know you were at a bit of a loose end there for a bit, I hope that is improving for you now?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
new and scared. :(

bad day today, blah blah blah. not so much the no alchohol thing, just other personal issues that brought me down. i would normally have marched straight into the kitchen and poured a glass of vodka with a splash of juice, but today i just sat on my couched and cried while my dogs looked at me like i was crazy.

now i have a splitting headache but i will survive.

glad you got the valerian, i am addicted to that stuff. also kava kava, i LOVE it.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good on you for not pouring a vodka and having a good healthy bawl instead, it's cleansing even if it dosen't feel it at the time.

Sometimes life just sux, but that's life, and it's good to feel it. I'm actually looking forward to dealing with things instead of hidding from them in a bottle, gawd my life was so screwed up, I used to be strong, decisive, and took action, but I became, meek, distant and really angry at any wrongs which in turn made it worse, I'm glad I'm working toward finding me again, and feeling great about my place in the universe.

I hope you have a much better day tomorrow, you really do deserve it, you've done so well, be proud and smile at yourself, it really does help :ghug3

Last edited by findingkermit; 12-09-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: replaced a naughty word... oppps
Old 12-09-2008, 10:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good stuff findingkermit. Keep it in the day and Keep posting about your progress!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Great post! I'm so happy for you.