Notices

need help

Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile need help

I am 21 and I recently realized I had a drug problem and needed help. I have been addicted to prescription drugs since I was a child. I started taking my mom's pain killers when I was young as suicide attempts. but then I got addicted. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but when I tried to quit, I'd get severe headaches and reasoned that I needed them for pain. So I didn't think I was doing anything wrong anymore. I kept up till after I moved in with my dad and wanted to be emancipated. I decided to get clean. But then the headaches started again. They got so severe that I started having seizures and I was paralyzed from pain. My sister put me in the hospital and they got me right back on the drugs cause of the pain. I tried over and over to quit after that. Joining the army only made it worse. When I got pregnant last year I was able to quit. after my son was born though I got hooked again. again i tried to quit and again the headaches came back and i ended up not only having seizures again but also a mini stroke. While in the hospital the doctors didn't give me the drugs cause of the stroke. I knew I had had a problem, but it wasn't until then that i realized how big of a problem I had. I went crazy in the hospital I finally convinced them to give me some. Now that I'm home I have to get cleaned up for good now! For my son, my husband, and myself. But I need help. I need support. I am going to quit!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am here to support you as well as a lot of other folks. Welcome to SR and thanks for sharing. You say you gave up the drugs during your pregnancy. Do the same for yourself now. Please see a doctor and let him know so he/she can help you through it. It sounds like you definitely need medical help while detoxing from the pills. Do it safely please.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

As Horselover said, you were able to stop the drugs when you were pregnant, so now give yourself the gift of sobriety. You can do this!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks

thank you for your support and advice. As soon as my medical insurance starts I am going to a doctor for help. I am trying but I am afraid to try quitting all the way again until I have been to a doctor. Right now I am working myself down again. I am doing pretty good at that though.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You may find more support and advice from people's posts in the Substance Abuser forum. I also hope you will seek medical advice to withdraw safely from the meds you're abusing. We are here to support you in your quest to live clean and free of drugs.

:ghug3
Old 12-10-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't have any experience with drugs (well yes I do, alcohol) but you get my drift : )

But I wanted to say hello & welcome to SR and I wish you all the best for your recovery!!!

:ghug3