he wants to be friends...

Old 12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

he wants to be friends...

the only good that has come out of this is that i am somewhat angry that he keeps overstepping boundaries i have been very clear about. although in all honesty, i cant say that i really want him to respect them- because i really just miss him and havent COMPLETELY given up hope (although im getting closer).

his last email stated:is there really no way can hang out at all? i think we can be chill and relaxed about it. am i wrong. i really think the hands-on approach is the best way to go about being civil. we should be able to interact...am i wrong?

We HAVE been civil and the term "hands on" freaks me out but at the same time, sadly, i hope that he still sees my as a girlfriend and not a friend. but yet it reminds me that he might be irrepsonsible as to my feelings-that i still sort of want to be together, and he just doesnt get that he could be more sensitive to this. its so rediculous and it was written at a time that im sure he had to have been messed up.

i wish he would take NO for an answer, and although i guess im glad that he hasnt found anyone- as far as i know, his preserverance hurts, especially if it is for "friendship" when i want more. i REALLY do not understand how he can just be "friends" and go from one role to the other. ut hurts, makes me feel i wasnt a goo girlfriend.

just had to get that out there. thanks for listening
Old 12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can never be friends. It is just his way of keeping you in his control. If you thought you needed him and you called him and asked him to hang out i bet he wouldn't be interested. Its all about control. You are a piece of property to him. If I sound crass and mean it's only because I had to learn this the hard hard hard way! Save yourself from more pain and cut the tie now. Do you know who he cares about? HIM...and not even all that much.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you really want an addict that you cant trust or rely on as a friend?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

He wants to "be Friends" because he wants to keep you in his wings just in case he needs someone to fall back on in hard times...

I would cut my losses and close the door on this frienship forever... I think Winnie said it best when she said do you really want an addict as a friend... a friend that you can't trust and can't rely on....