Clarity moment

Old 12-07-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Thumbs down Clarity moment

On Friday I went to a concert that had been planned over two months ago. My ex boyfriend (just friends) asked me to go and I said I would. This was all before my husband decided to get sober and come home. Since I already made the plans and really wanted to go to the concert I went.
I asked the ex not to bring drugs or alcohol into my car and told him I was not kidding. So get what happend.........

We get close and he insists we drive straight to a liquor store. I refused because I didn't have the gas and he was already showing signs of drinking so I turned the car around to go to the concert. I think that ticked him off a bit.

We get to the front gate and cops are frisking people. They go to frisk him and the cop notices he isn't pulling everything out of his pocket. My "friend" starts getting rude saying "what man? what the fk?" I'm totally embarassed at that point.

So John (the friend) pulls out a little joint and the cops says "all this for that?" and lets him go into the concert. Ohhhh and a handfu of condoms.I was mortified. So the ticket scanner couldn't scan his tickets because they were off the computer and the ink was dull. So then John starts getting rude again. Acting stupid. Total disrespect for authority.

Luckily I saw a few friends and they let us go in. Once we were in he headed straight to the beer tent.
He kept pressuring me to drink. I kept saying "I don't want a drink"
He wondered off the entire concert, all but a few times and when he walked up to me he would try to put his hands on my hips and I would firmly tell him to stop it! I was standing with my sister and her friend.

I told him I was leaving before the last band and on the way to the gate he started getting pissed.

Apparently he had planned that he was going to have sex with me. Alcoholic thinking. No way, shape or form did I give him that impression. So on the way to the car I started to get a bit scared and wondered what I should do.
For a few minutes into the ride he was oddly quiet. Then he starts swearing at me saying "now that your husband is back you are going to be with him?" and getting so bad I thought he was going to hit me. He is a big guy.
He was ranting and then would repeat himself which made me believe he was blacking out.
I felt I was going to be hit and raped without a doubt. I had to do some quick thinking and pulled into a store and asked him as nice as I could to please go buy me some water.
As soon as he got out I drove off and left his arse there.
I came home and told my husband. He knew I was shaken.

What a wake up call. I forgot how unpredictable alcoholics can be. How it can turn a kind, gentle friend into someone that you don't recognize. I've been friends with him for 15 years.

So any girls out there that have alcoholic friends, please be careful. They turn into other people so fast and it can be so dangerous. I learned a huge lesson that could have been deadly. That's why I am sharing
Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing and I am glad you are ok!

My ABF is only now showing these strange characteristics (irritability, etc.) and I am concerned about those changes. It's scary how good people lose themselves in these addictions!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Be careful Kimmieh. I don't know where their brain goes. Maybe this is why they say "mush brain". They get wierd and then don't remember. It's up to us to stay safe or end up in the hospital or morgue.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stubborn 1,
Thanks for sharing. I work as a sales rep in an industry that is male dominated, where drinking excessively is looked at as not a big deal, and talking to women like they are objects instead of a person is the norm. I have to travel with a lot of these guys on business trips and they can sometimes get out of control once intoxicated and start making me feel very uncomforatble, which is when I excuse myself and run for my hotel room, lock the door and Thank the Good Lord I'm smart enough to know when to get the heck outa dodge. That is why I never drink when I'm around them, b/c I don't want to be in a position of weakness in case one of them gets out of control.

Thanks for the reminder!
Old 12-07-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is frightening. sorry You had to go through that but glad your ok. Thanks for sharing. It is easy to forget how unpredictable they can be. I would have left his A$$ somewhere too!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

LOL Loner.

CNM, not good to know there are more like that out there. Yikes
Old 12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Sigh....Just another example of how folks intentionally invite drama into their lives. Sometimes I wonder what folks enjoy more--creating drama at home or creating dramatic threads on SR. They both serve a purpose.

A quick review of the forum on any given day makes it clear that drama-filled posts get posters more attention and responses, whereas those posts filled with wisdom and recovery draw much less interest.

When you tire of drama and it no longer serves a purpose, you'll make healthier choices for yourself, your children, and your family.

Until then, carry on....