Notices

Day 4 - who knew!

Old 12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 - who knew!

Sorry I just need my own post to shout out I am on DAY FOUR today & it's all thanks to you guys.
My partner has been SO supportive. Last night he said to me "it's been a long time since we have just watched some tv, lying together, with you sober and without that glazed glassy eyed "sloshed" look".
It made me feel so good. He is so proud of me, and I am so proud of me. I could really get in control here. And I want it, so badly.
I am scared of slipping yet on the same hand every day that passes creates more of a history for me that I can do this.
This is the most I have not touched a sip in a long time. Probably around the 3-4 year mark.

Once again, thank you to you all. When I am feeling low I read back over responses you have given me (did a lot of that yesterday) and it really helps.

Also I want to keep my day tally of not drinking on the up and up.

I feel really happy today & this warm glow inside going 'you can do it'

I am usually PLAGUED with negative voices, so I *cannot* explain to you how freeing & lovely it is to hear these positive voices, saying NICE things about me. I have a long journey in learning how to be my own best friend. I normally put myself down before anyone else has the chance to.

:ghug3
Old 12-05-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
new and scared. :(

tryingto I am so proud of you!!! what we are doing is sooo hard, but like everyone says, you can get thru it with SUPPORT!!! we are always here for you!!

go go girl, keep it up!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on four days! It does get better, tho there are many 'bumps' in the road. It's great that we can travel together, less lonely and more encouraging.

:ghug3
Old 12-05-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WAY TO GO Tryihgto!!!
Keep up the good work!
XOXO