Notices

It's me again...

Old 12-05-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's me again...

It's me again, How is everyone doing in here? I'm ok here just taking it one day at a time....This is day number 2 with no alcohol. I'm sitting here drinking some ice cold root beer and snacking on some chips. Today was an Ok day...I'm still bumming around about my Hubby and not having a job and not being able to pay our bills...Sorry for the Pity Party again.
Anyway, It has never really been a problem for me to go a few days without a drink, it's just since my hubby and I were laid off a month and half ago, I have been taking to the drink every other day instead of 1 or 2 times a week.
Like I said this is only day number 2 and I don't know what the future has in store for me or even I will have any tomorrow when I go over to my mom's house. My mom and stepfather drinks as well...so I don't know if I will make it through day 3. Maybe I will just set my sights on New Years for a Resolution and try to commit to something a little more permanent.
I just wanted to come in here and say hi again and let you know how much you guys mean to me. I've been in here about 10 different times today reading different posts...Thanks for sharing your stories, advice, concerns and support.
I will write again and let you know what is going on...until then,
Take Care!!!
XOXO
:ghug2
Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Good job! Glad you're here.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you mle-sober, I'm glad your here too. Also, Congrats on your 10 months sobriety!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Hang in there. One day at a time. You are doing great! :bounce Going to Mom's, if you are that uneasy and really too tempted and don't want to drink - do you have to? is it a must? does Mom know what you are trying to do? would she be supportive?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Bstt03, thank you for your post and to answer your questions:
Will I be tempted...probably, I know I don't have to, but it is that time of year and it has been forever since I've had some beers with my mom. We are planning on doing some crafts together. Also, my mom has seen me go through these phases quite a few times and she is very understanding and would be supportive. I just think that after the other night (on the 3rd) I was a little scared of how depressed I became...I had way too much to drink.
I'm not sure how tomorrow night will turn out....but I really do appreciate the questions, it does give me something to think about.
I will check back in and let you know how it goes.
Take Care,
XOXO