Car accident, injuries, and update...

Old 12-04-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Car accident, injuries, and update...

Monday before Thanksgiving I was involved in a car accident. My children and I had just left a department store and were meeting my sister for dinner. I think I had a protected left turn but because I was injured and couldn't deal with securing any witnesses, it will probably be my fault. The other driver had a witness who spoke to the police. I had liability insurance so the other vehicle is covered but mine is not. It's a total loss of a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am.

My children (D12 and S8) had a rash on their necks from the seat beat and my son has a few bruises from the lap belt. Thank GOD that we were all wearing our seatbelts. I was going very fast but the Suburban that hit us definitely was. The kids were FREAKING OUT...I was in severe pain and trying to stay calm. I have a badly sprained ankle and some whopper bruises. I'm still in a knee high black boot but I'll be okay.

The kids wanted Daddy so I got in touch with my AH. He came to the hospital and has been with us since. He has been incredible as I recover from the accident and has not been drinking. I'm taking things one day at a time and so far so good.

My parents loaned me some money to get another car and we got a 94 Sentra that's not too hard on the eyes, is great on gas and runs fine. It even has A/C and the heater works. The accident was pretty bad and I'd be happy to never drive a car again but we'll see if that changes down the road. We were on a bridge and our car spun and it was scary. AH has offered to chauffeur us around forever if I'd like him to and I might have to take him up on that.

Not great news but I'm aware that it could have been much worse.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you're okay, sunflower. Take care of you & the kiddos.
:ghug3
Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh wow..glad you came on and let us know you are okay... Get well soon!!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery! Glad that you all came out with no permanent wounds......the anxiety and the bruises will heal over time.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Car accidents......not fun!! and with kids in the vechile with you probably made you even tenser (is that a word??))))...Glad your OK Hugs, Bonnie
Old 12-04-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for keeping us up to date. What a horrible and scary experience for you all, but you were not badly hurt and for that we all give thanks. I am glad your AH has been so supportive and sober as you need help right now.

Hope you have a quick return to health and aren't afraid of driving in the future. It does feel daunting to get behind the wheel first time after a prang, but that feeling soon goes as you keep at it.

God bless you all
Old 12-04-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm so glad the injuries were only minor and everyone is on the mend. Cars can be replaced. People can't.