Change

Old 12-03-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Change

Change is an envitable part of human life. Yet change is something that I personally fear in many instances. I know that I have had some changes that I feared, whined, griped about, ect. all the way through it only to get to the other side and think to myself, " Wow..was that ever needed, and why did I wait soooo long and resist so much something that has been truly a blessing for my life? " The saying "this too shall pass" comes to mind here. That saying has calmed my fears and given me perspective. Sometimes, all I need to do is accept that the change is happening. Sounds so simple but is so complex in real life. Sometimes change closes doors. But when that door closes, so many more open as a result.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ago

Well put

Every Good change that has ever occurred in my life has been accompanied by me kicking and screaming "no no no!!!" as I left claw marks on the "door jamb" leading into the "next room"

Truthfully, I don't know what's best for me.

Last time I "asked God for something" "He" gave it to me.....

There have been more tears shed over answered prayers then unanswered is a quote that comes to mind, and it certainly has proven to be true in my case.

Thanks Ms. Boop
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup, change is uncomfortable and sometimes scary. Its so easy to get wrapped up in the familiarity and comfort of what we know, even when that familiarity is with something that hurts and makes us miserable. Heck I know I can be reluctant to make changes I very much have been seeking in all sorts of parts of my life. But when I accept the "uncomfortableness" that change involves and accept that necessary change leads to growth and eventual comfort agin, I find it easier to make the changes I need to make.