I called police tonite!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

I called police tonite!

Hi All,
I know you are all familiar w/my circumstances w/AH. I had a court order but found out that it didn't ban him from drinking in the house, etc. Anyway, he was drunk again tonite, found out that the took $1500 from the home equity line, etc., plus other money (he's unemployed). Anyway, me and my sons were talking about it, and of course, AH become beligerant, etc. Came out of the room several times to start fights, etc. Finally, I said I had enough. I called the police. AH disappeared in his truck. Police said they couldn't arrest him, but gave me the paperwork to bring to the DA tomorrow to modify the order. I also told them AH was intoxicated, gave them the make, model and license plate no. of his truck. They said they would watch out for him. Watch out they did! He proceeded to drive and park in front of my house w/a cop car behind him, got out of his truck and came home without that cop stopping him. This is the second time in two weeks. I called the precinct, they were of no help. Tomorrow I am going to the DA to get my order amended to have him out of the house, and I feel like telling her what the police did. My sons could not believe it. Any other person would have been arrested. I locked AH out and have not heard from him. He is still drinking and driving, but I know i did what I needed to do to protect everyone else. Tomorrow I will go to the DA and protect me and my kids. And oh. btw, my younger son is moving out, he can't take the drama and chaos. Breaks my heart, but what can I do. Love you guys, any ideas welcome.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds to me like you have the ideas in order...hugs to you
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

cops are great aren't they?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

QT, my heart goes out to you. You have been dealing with this for a really long time. We keep doing the next right thing and we don't always get the outcome we expect. But, I want to encourage you to keep doing what is right for you and it will eventually all work out. The universe is as it should be. Acceptance of that was the key to my serenity. One foot in front of the other. (((hugs)))

L
Old 12-02-2008, 10:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thinking of you queen. ((( )))
Old 12-03-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can understand how exasperated you must feel after so long. Getting him out of your house will provide relief as you rebuild your sanity and a better life. Good luck and stay centered.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

You should live here. The good ol boys in my town would love to mess with him. Since the guys on my side of the family are cops anyway they just make a poster child out of my husband.
You do what you have to. At least he can not call your bluff. Stick to your guns girl!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((queenteree)))).......This too shall pass. And what is waiting for you on the other side is so much better.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tell the DA exactly what happened, including the inaction by the police. And stay strong! You are doing great.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh sweetie....stand strong. Shoot 2 of my 3 kids joined the service to get away from
all the mess when I was going through the worst of it....this will pass like the others have said.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stay strong and keep calling when you know he is drinking and driving. I did and it worked. He is furious with me now, but I don't care. With the help from every great person on this board I realized I saved his life and probably some others as well.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

DA said there is nothing they can do to modify the order because there was no proof that he was drinking, it's my word against his, and not that they think I'm being vindictive, but vindictive people do this sometimes. I guess I'll just have to stay strong and keep calling the police each and every time he gets like this. Oh, and the police would need a reason to pull him over, they cannot just go on my word. So that's the story in my neck of the woods. Thanks for all your support, and I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Wow... telling the police he's ripped isn't enough reason to pull him over? Just wow...
Old 12-03-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by queenteree View Post
DA said there is nothing they can do to modify the order because there was no proof that he was drinking, it's my word against his, and not that they think I'm being vindictive, but vindictive people do this sometimes. I guess I'll just have to stay strong and keep calling the police each and every time he gets like this. Oh, and the police would need a reason to pull him over, they cannot just go on my word. So that's the story in my neck of the woods. Thanks for all your support, and I'll keep you posted.
I don't think so. When I called I reported a drunk driver. They should act on a call.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
QT, I'm glad you're doing what's right for you! Prayers going out for you and your children. Stay strong.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey QT I hope it goes smoothly today!
:praying
B.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My 23-year-old AS and his friend got pulled over for running a stop sign and the cop noticed he was drunk. So, the cop calls me and said if I come and drive him and his friend (who is blind by the way) home, he'll only cite him for the stop sign violation and not drinking and driving. The cop said he couldn't wait the 10 minutes until I got there, so he left. When I got there, my son saw me and just waved me on to follow him to his friend's house. I was livid both at the cop for not staying there and at my son for having me follow him instead of driving him. I was just as mad at myself for rescuing him. I shouldn't have agreed to pick him up! I am learning! This site has really helped me a great deal. I walked up to the friend's door and asked to speak to his friend's wife, to tell her what happened and that her husband was letting my drunk son chauffeur him around. She just stared at me and didn't say a word. My son's friend says it's his truck, not his wife's, so he can do what he wants. This is their only vehicle and they have kids. Unbelievable.