Just a lil vent...

Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Just a lil vent...

Went to court Friday and got the restraining order against ex-abf. I asked the judge what to do if he calls me @ work and he told me if he called to inform him that I had the order (just in case he hadn't been served yet) and not to call me anymore and then if he called again I could call the police. So, he calls me on saturday @ work (I changed my cell 2 weeks ago) and I told him what the judge said and hung up. He then called me yesterday. He was at teh courthouse and wanted things from the house (stupid stuff like soap and shampoo which had maybe a drop left) I hung up and called the police. They sent an officer to my work. I explained the situation and then he went to the courthouse, caught up with ex-abf and served him the order (apparently the police in the city where he lived hadn't served it to him yet) and explained the whole thing to him.

I just want him out of my life. Wouldn't you think if someone broke up with you, kicked you out of their house, had you arrested and is pressing charges and then files for a restraining order, that they don't want to talk to you anymore?! WTF?! He just doesn't want to let it go. He has no one else. His family has disowned him. He was lucky his mom brought him some soap and stuff (all of the more reason to make it wacky he was calling me for soap and shampoo) Between the lies, the stolen checks, credit car, stealing my car, jewelry, cash ect. why can't he get it through his thick skull that I am done?

He has no idea I knew about things he said while in detox. He was still under the impression he was going to come back to my house and life would be back to normal. I knew about his little plan to go get high after detox and think i wouldn't find out. I am glad I heard all this cause it made me realize he has no plans of being sober. He was just in detox to make me happy so I would take him back.

I just needed to vent. It's like every week I feel a little bit better, then I find out something else, or open a bill to find he stole a credit card and I have to press more charges, ect.

On a happy note I think I sold the car...so that is good. A friend actually wanted the same car I was selling and got approved for a loan, so if all goes well I won't even have to advertise it or try to sell it. Thank you "HP" for looking out for me.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Alaia)))

He'll eventually get it through his head, but maybe it will take getting locked up a few more times, for violating the restraining order. He's being an addict....trying to do what worked before and he hasn't realized that you're not playing the game anymore.

You, however, are doing great!!! I hope everything goes okay on selling the car. Make sure that you call the cops each and every time he tries to contact you. If you don't, even one time, I think that pretty much wipes out the restraining order, but I'm not sure.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-02-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Alaia. Good for you. It's weird. Addicts just don't seem to get it. It's like they are stuck on auto pilot for all aspects of their lives, not just drugs. I still can't have any contact with my ex, and he is my sons father. If was to contact him at all, he would completely misunderstand and start putting the pressure on me for a place to live, get back together, etc, etc. The sick thing is, he would still be lying. He's crazy. I hate no contact. But it is the only option for me. Just be prepared for your xbf to continue to try to manipulate his way back into your life. He will push and push and push. Don't believe him.