It's true...they do eventually call

Old 12-01-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

It's true...they do eventually call

And the timing...after my aha moment, my post this morning.

At first, it was small talk, how was I, how was Ryan, if it would be a problem for him to come and get his spare tire that he left apparently. I told him I was fine, Ryan was fine, things are good. And no problem about the tire.

Then it was on to the junk....he realizes he made a mistake, asked if I missed him, said it was good to hear my voice. I told him the relationship was unhealthy, and that I'm happier now, things are good. But I also let him know that yes, I do miss him, of course I do. He told me he misses me, and I said well you are with someone else now and he said "what if I wasn't?". And I said "If you are asking if you end things with her, are we going to go back to being together, the answer is no". Nothing has changed with him, I figure they must be having problems, either that or it's just now finally hit him that we are reallly done, that I'm not chasing after him. I don't know. I told him I had to go, I honestly did not know what to say. He told me to keep talking to him.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

from what ive experianced, they usually do call when things arent working out with the other woman , just my experiance though

sounds like you handled it very well - good job!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soconfused11 View Post
I told him I had to go, I honestly did not know what to say.
Funny, what a little time and distance will do.

((( )))
Old 12-01-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yup...whenever things aren't working out they try to suck us back in. They don't think much of us in my opinion. At this point we become nothing but an option and they try like hell to get back in. Whatever!! After awhile you will just get numb to it.

Just remember it is all talk until he does something about his problem. And as for me, I wasn't about to slip back into that life even though he made all the promises. He asked me what he had to do to come back and I told him a place of his own and treatment.

He decided to pretend the conversation never took place. Then he tried to turn the tables and say he "just realized" that he is more mature and more responsible without me in his life and everything was my fault. Did you get that yet? How its all your fault and you need to change?

Yeah...after the sweet routine fails they turn into total monsters. It will go back and forth if you let it.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

Loner,

I do remember this routine from before, when we would break up, he would call and be nice, and if that didn't get him back in, then sure enough then he would go back to being angry/blaming me. The only thing that has changed this time is that he found another woman.

If nothing changes, nothing changes, and the reason I kicked him out (the drinking), has not changed for him, the only thing different is that now he has added another woman to the picture. So messed up.

He did say "things are different", um, ya think? We were together almost 4 years and now you are living with another woman. I would say yes things are different. I've been dealing with different for over a month now. He has been avoiding it with alcohol and another woman.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Totally avoiding it! And just think...he's heaping more baggage onto himself that he will need to deal with someday. He's just creating more problems for himself.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Wow, things are apparently going badly with the new relationship. What a surprise. And now that that option is drying up, he decides to call you. What a surprise.

I never want to be someone's "option" again. Do you have caller ID so that you can avoid his calls altogether?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yes, ignore him so he can go totally nuts !! Just kidding..

You handled it very well, congratulations !!