Notices

My first post

Old 12-01-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first post

Hi there. I guess Ill start with my story. I am 40yrs old, married with two children. I have been drinking since I was 16. Beer at first like most teens. I never got into hard alcohol, I still can't stomach it, I do drink a lot of wine, which is touch because so much of the current world revolves around pairing wine with food, going wine tasting. It's everywhere. This thanksgiving weekend brought me here. I cooked for 15 food was good but I really don't remember it. Drank way to much. The next day I woke up throwing up and knew that drinking again would make the pain go away so I did and felt much better. I like those smirnoff ice and mikes lemondae. They are so easy to drink like sugar water and they take the edge off, its just to easy. That got me through the day. Saturday threw up again, nausia, was not able to eat or drink anything, no drinks that day, or yesterday Sunday. Finally yesterday I was able to keep down some food and feel half better. Still unable to sleep for the past two days though. Wife has no idea, I can hide it really well. So now is Monday feeling better but still not 100%. Drinking is the last thing on my mind right now. I thought I would come here and tell someone as no one knows anything about this aspect of my life. So here I am day 3 feeling a hell of a lot better but not the best. Hoping to sleep tonight.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome, and keep coming back.

Realize that alcohol is alcohol, it really doesn't matter the form in which you drink it.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just another day...

Hello!
Hopefully you will find this forum helpful! But make sure u come back everyday. At least for me, daily visits help keep me going in my quest for sobriety. I have kept my drinking hidden. Just recently started telling the hubby about it. U took a good step coming here..maybe soon u can share with ur wife.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I am glad to see that you are seeking help for your addiction.

It's interesting, because I was sure that no one knew about my drinking problem. After I stopped drinking, I realized how wrong I was.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome~ This weekend threw me off as well, but I'm back to Day 1 and determined. Keep coming here, it helps so much. That was my mistake, I felt I could have few drinks and be okay, I stopped posting...

Stay Strong and come here if you feel the need to drink.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't get me wrong people know I drink and can drink a lot.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Welcome Tom!
It is good to have you here.
So, do you want a new way of life without alcohol? Because you know that eventually you are going to feel better and want to drink. If you truly do not want to drink anymore, it is time to get to work now on how to prevent it.
There is lots of great information here, check out the stickies!
I would also suggest a program of recovery. I could not have done this without AA.
Best of luck to you!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome tom....

one thing that resonates with me is that "if you question or wonder if you have a problem with alcohol...then you probably do. People who don't have a problem with alcohol don't wonder if they have a problem with alcohol"

and it's ok to have a problem. and it makes YOU feel so good when you see it, admit it, accept it, and then do something about it, and change.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

how would you feel about attentind and trying out 3 AA meetings?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit