Notices

Reminder ... as if I needed one...

Old 11-30-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Reminder ... as if I needed one...

I watched a clever fairy-tale movie last night with my kids. It's called Stardust, with Claire Danes? Anyway, at one point, the characters had a bottle of wine at a picnic and they'd not even finished their first glasses and they had to rush off somewhere. I'm not sure where because I found myself getting all anxious about these fictional characters leaving a perfectly good bottle of wine behind. In a movie.

I swear it was all I could do to say out loud, "Go back and get the wine!" I stopped myself just barely by realizing that it would sound so strange to my kids and husband.

Been sober for almost 10 months but an alcoholic through and through. Nothing like a little reminder.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HAHAHA I know what you mean, seeing that would drive me nuts!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmmm, stardust (i'd see that as coke) and bottles of wine...too much for me to handle.

congrats on the 10 months
Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi Mle-sober,

I find me doing that all the time when watching movies, TV, etc... It's like "what are they thinking of leaving a 1/2 glass" or "Dumbass! First finish your drink"! That's our thinking however! Oh well! Glad it's not summer right now while I'm getting sober and seeing all those tantalizing and seductive beer and beach commercials! What a joke to think "how nice it would be"..... LOL!

Have a great evening! And how nice it was that you got the priviledge of sharing family time with yourself & yours!!!!! -- SOBER! YEAH! :ghug

Sincerely,
Nicki
Old 11-30-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just another day...

HAHAHA! I do the same thing! I was actually watching Mystic Pizza and the girls grabbed a 6 pack off the back of a boat and im thinking a 6 pack for 3 of u? come on!?!?!?! that 6 wouldnt even be enough for me to get my night going! But, they probably arent alcoholics like me! lol
Old 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Now wasn't that considered alcohol abuse??

Old 11-30-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I used to watch Brothers and Sisters, but now I cant. I get to craving wine so much it drives me nuts. Those people don't even drink water - Just wine. Except one of the brothers who is constantly relapsing.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hollyce Jones

Wow... funny how the booze brain sticks with us even after we've been sober for a while, eh? That's great that you were able to be aware of your feelings.