Smiles

Old 11-28-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smiles

Today my RAD turned 23. It has been a long journey. Addict behavoir still sneaks up on her, but she will usually catch it & have some kind of a joke to say. She worked from 4 till 9:30ish wed night waitressing, then went to the halfway house & did 11pm-7am. I didn't realize she would be the only staff member there for the night. gulp. But everything was fine. She slept for a few hours then came here for Thanksgiving dinner, went to her boyfriend (ex fiance) house. She went shopping at 4:30 am with a friend & her boyfriend, then went to work waitressing for the day shift, then worked in the kitchen for the night shift. She is happy as all get out cuz she got a WII on their shopping outing. She will prob crash & burn tomorrow. But it is so nice to see that she has life & friends beyond addiction. Anything is possable. Hang on, your addict children just might surprise you.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will and I am, helpus. Thanks for sharing your hope with us.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's wonderful news and the happiest birthday wishes to your daughter
Old 11-29-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
rozied

So glad your daughter is doing good and has her life back. It does give us mothers who are still praying for their lost lids, hope!
Thanx,
Diane
Old 11-29-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Amen to all of the above. It brings a huge smile to my face to see her working so hard and moving forward with her life.

Big hugs to you and to her, you've both inspired me with hope today.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, it sure sounds like she is a busy girl and a happy one. My daughter worked 10 hours on Thanksgiving (her 9th day in a row), then came here for dinner and then we played Euchre until 1 A.M. She was up at 8 the next morning to go to her counseling appointment and drove there to find out she was wrong about the day She spent yesterday at her boyfriend's parent's house celebrating Thanksgiving and then had to work from 8 to closing in the bar at the restaurant. She has a 10 A.M. meeting at work today and then will work the bar again tonight until closing. I absolutely know that when she was using that she would never have been able to do all of these things. Busy is good for recovering addicts. It makes them feel productive and keeps them out of trouble. Hugs to you and your daughter, Marle
Old 11-29-2008, 08:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Happy birthday to your daughter!! Please give her a big hug from me. Sounds like she is super busy and happy and showered with many blessings...And mom sounds happy as a clam too You have both worked so hard in your respective recovery programs, and it sure does show. Many hugs