Notices

eight days and counting!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

eight days and counting!

so, today makes eight days of sobriety! it's actually a lot harder than i thought it would be! i still crave my lortabs every now and then, but other than that i'm doing ok. it reminds me of quitting smoking. there are all these activities i would take a lortab before doing, and now it feels like something is missing. i can't wait for that feeling to subside.

so, as i type this, i'm sucking on my sub.. there's been a few people i've shared my secret with, and they want the same help! its amazing what you can do when you want to get better. i feel calmer, less emotional, and i don't feel that rage from the pills so much anymore!

thanks everyone! i really love this place!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Thanks for your post!!!

Cravings... they can be so overpowering, can't they? I'm on day 7 -- we're neck & neck and can do this thing. For me, giving into the cravings on that impulse erases another year off my life at this point. In other words, don't know if I'll be able to get sober again in a week, month or year or longer because once I start I can't set the timer as to when I'll stop. I know the length of time on a binge has extended itself far past the point of being able to get a handle on it. The detoxing part is excruciating!

Good luck -- Keep posting and remember "We are in this TOGETHER"!!!!
:ghug3