Notices

So????????? How'd it go?? Thanksgiving? :)

Old 11-28-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So????????? How'd it go?? Thanksgiving? :)

THANK GOD!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! For the treatment center across the street. They had a major spread and it was all so good!! One of the alumni who is now an Exec. Chef volunteered to come in and over see all the cooking and it was absolutely wonderful!!!

I brought some leftovers home and the dessert spread was crippling, LOL!!!!! Holy Moly!!!!

I had several invites to go to friends with their families but I'm glad we stuck to our plan, it was perfect. After we stuffed ourselves we came back home and laid around digesting.

Now we're off to a few hours of work and then going to see that new kiddo's movies, Bolt!

Hope you all are well, sober, happy and still enjoying the holiday!!!!

Caitlin

PS-Sorry but I love the nose picker guy and want to personally thank whatever Mod. decided he needed to be right there on the list. Hee hee hee.........
Old 11-28-2008, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

we really nice and quiet , ate entirly toooo much ( as usual ) and watched movies on the Tv all day , glad you had a great one , and i wannnnnaaa see Bolt that looks way cute .. have a great day !:ghug3
Old 11-28-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Had a great time with family, went for a 4.5 mile run to help offset the food intake (lol), went to a meeting at an in-patient facility where all of the patients were upbeat and happy, and all of them said they had a great Thanksgiving in rehab.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had an ok time with family. I personally could not wait to get away from there. I went to a meeting last night and was just so happy to be there: clean, sober and serene. I have to much to be thankful for!

Thanks for the thread!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Yesterday was a great SOBER Thanksgiving.

Thankful for my sobriety.

Food was great, seeing and hearing from family was great.

Nice to get through my first major holiday since I quit without drinking. The bigger challenge will be Sunday at the Patriots game but I think everything will be fine, I'm looking forward to watching a football game, sober.

This is Day 55
Old 11-28-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Caitlin,

YEAH! Glad Thanksgiving went well and you're finding life enjoyable right now! Can't wait to join you there!

I had a great Thanksgiving as well. Had to forego the "big" family thing and opted for small & intimate at my house. It was wonderful and just what I needed to do FOR ME (what a concept)!

My daughter left a note posted on my fridge telling me the she loves me "with all her soul" and thanked me for a wonderful Thanksgiving. Later she texts me saying how much she loves and appreciates me ... yada. My heart lept! It was all worthwhile!!!! :ghug3

Sincerely,
Nicki
Old 11-28-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We had an unusual thankgiving to say the least. My sister and her boyfriend recently bought a bar/restaurant, where I have never been for obvious reasons.
She called last week and asked if we would all come there for our feast. I was hesitant at first but then I thought why the heck not.

We had a wonderful time and all of the imeadiate family showed up. We played pool, all of our teens loved that. We gathered around and told stories of the past that get brought up every year.

I had absolutely no desire to drink... Others in my family were, but not alot.

All that really mattered was that the whole family was together and we had a great time. I am very thankful for everything about yesterday.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

It was nice, but I am sick. So, family goodness then back to bed. I did manage to put up the xmas decorations so there is that
Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Something interesting happened this year...my first sober Thanksgiving as an adult.

I did all the cooking for my crew...we're five altogether so it wasn't a major deal. I made the turkey breast, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls...poured sodas. When it came time to eat I could not take a bite. It's not that I was picking, it's that the thought of food was too much after being around it all day.

I sat at the table with an empty plate before me and my family around the table enjoying their meal...laughing, eating, being messy. It was something I will always remember...just the satisfaction of watching them enjoy this meal... I felt strangely present.

And before bed I fixed myself a big ole plate and dug in! HA!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
6/20/08

What a great Thanksgiving.....I spent it sober. Lots of alcohol in the house. Lotta people with beer breath..and not ONCE did I want to pick up. In fact, I was a little disgusted. Go figure!

Yep. I CAN do this.