For Those that Hurt Today

Old 11-27-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

For Those that Hurt Today

I woke up this morning, Thanksgiving, and thought about all those people out there that are hurting today. Addicts and non-addicts alike. People who have lost their homes, their families, their dreams and even their hope. The ones that are in pain daily, but experience just a little bit more today because they are alone, because Thanksgivings past hold such warm memories of family and food and happiness, and they realize what they have lost. The ones that face today, without someone they love, a spouse or child, as they go through the motions and pretend happiness as they glance longingly at that empty place.

I stopped and prayed for those people this morning. I felt a longing to reach out and comfort them. But I know that I am helpless to change their lives.

But there is one thing I can do, I can pray. I can hold those people in my heart today, think of them, and because of those thoughts, appreciate how truely bessed I am in my life.

As each of you celebrate this day, please pause for a moment, and say a prayer for all of those who hurt today.

Happy Thanksgiving
B
Old 11-27-2008, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

frankly,
I am one of those who you prayed for today. Thank you for your prayers. Helps to know your thoughts and prayers are with me as I will struggle through this day that's supposed to be filled with happiness and family. I know I'm not the only one so I too pray for those hurting today. Have a Blessed day.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

My thoughts and prayers for all those who have been touched with addiction in whatever form it has touched their lives. :praying

May G*D's love fill your heart today; may your memories be happy ones; and may you find happiness in today.

Shalom!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We don't have Thanksgiving over here. But I believe we should. It might make London particularly a more tolerant place.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Frankly, That is beautiful. I am pryaing along with you.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Thank you for the prayers. I hold you all deeply in my heart.. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 11-27-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Frankly, you already make my life better, just by your sharing and shining your light (I love my signature line that I borrowed from you too)

Thank you for your prayers and add mine too for those who are sad and lonely today. May they be comforted knowing friends here care and may the love in our hearts touch theirs.

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.