Thankful For It All

Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thumbs up Thankful For It All

Thankful for it all

Think today of how good life can be. And you'll see that life's true goodness comes not from what you have, but from how much you value and appreciate it.

There is no end to the possibilities for richness and fulfillment in your life. There is no limit to what you can make of whatever you have.

Consider what you are able to be thankful for, and you'll discover something wonderful and empowering. You can be thankful for it all.

Look back and you'll see that the pleasures and the pains have both pushed you forward and given you countless opportunities for real growth. You've been supported by the good things you do have and inspired to reach for those things you do not yet have.

The triumphs have given you joy and the disappointments have strengthened your determination. All of it has enabled you to more richly fulfill the beautiful, genuine person you are.

Treasure all that is around you, whatever it may be, and open yourself to the positive possibilities. Be truly thankful for it all, and every day is even more rich and fulfilling than the day before.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 11-27-2008, 02:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

As I look back at my life, some of the most important times, the times that moved me forward and helped me become a better person, were the hard times, the difficult times, even the times of sadness and pain.

These were the times when I learned to turn to God and make myself available for His will. These were times when I turned to my friends, especially my friends in recovery and learned that I was lovable even with all my faults and troubles.

Yes, I am grateful for all the beautiful days of my life, and for the wonderful place I find myself in today. I am grateful to be a survivor and no longer a victim and for the peace in my heart where fear used to dwell.

But I have learned to see my difficult days as nothing more than God's strangely wrapped gifts and that has made all the difference.

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends. Today may you know you are loved.

Hugs