Talkin to a drunk on the phone LOL

Old 11-25-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talkin to a drunk on the phone LOL

Talk about annoying. Trying to carry on a conversation with a drunk. I dont drink. Havent drank in years. I have an ex girlfriend who has been drinking a lot lately. We are still good friends so we talk a lot. Anyway, I just got off the phone with her. She was wasted. I felt like I was talkin to a 4 yr old. :wtf2Im in recovery myself and usually dont post over on this side of the board, but I gotta say........ I know what some of you are going through.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's why the only thing a drunk will hear from me over the phone is click buzzzzzzzzz

Congrats on being in recovery.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

TS

Congrats on your continued recovery!

What I use to hear was threats and was afraid talking to my XABF and when
I decided to get into recovery, all I heard was "quacking" and all he heard was the phone ringing and ringing!
There is a reason they become X's so why not just keep it that way? IMHO I have not been able to remain
friends with x's-except for one and this one is a true friend not one that quacks in my ear!

So yup talking to a drunk is annoying, kind of like talking to a brick wall! I rather talk to my little furry baby!

Good Luck with that!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your continued recovery. That is awesome!

I hear ya on this one. My STBXAH is usually just a quacker too. He loves to intimidate. Well he called me a few weeks back and informed me I should expect a "surprise visit" in 30 minutes. Not sure who exactly who didnt show up but I put a CPO on him. I'm to the point that I will no longer tolerate his harrassment and intimidation. I can't say whether he would ever do anything but he is an alcoholic with an anger problem and that is scarry enough. But I tell you it never ceases to amaze me how an alcoholic can say so many things and never remember that they said it.