A sign if the times

Old 11-25-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A sign if the times

Hello,

It was a rough day around here today. My girls were in lockdown at their High School and then bussed over to another school until they check the school for the bomb. One of my daughters broke her ankle and is on crutches. It was so tough on her to get around, especially trying to get on and off the bus. I have been driving her and picking her up since she broke her ankle and we find it tough enough getting her in and out of the car never mind trying to make those stairs on the bus.

I felt helpless at work since we could not go get the kids until we received a notice from the school which was 2 hours after they were in lockdown. My youngest daughter texted me saying "I'm scared". It was awful. Thank God everyone was OK and there wasn't a Bomb.

I just don't get it. Now a days these Bomb scares semm to happen way too often. My girls have been through 3 in the last couple of years. The worsed thing that happened when I was in High School was a fire alarm being pulled. Which back then, basically meant you went out to have a butt and chat with your friends. It seems our kids have so much more to deal with. What is happening with some of the kids these days? They seem to think nothing of threatening to bomb a school.

Thanks for letting me vent.

JRGirl
Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Glad to hear your girls are OK. I breathed a sigh of relief when my daughter graduated from college last fall. That meant no more bomb threats or fear of school shootings.

I think the problem with today's children is that they need more supervision and attention from their parents.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Good to hear the girls are safe now!

And I must agree with FD....the children today lack attention from the parents
for sure...the parents throw everything the kids want to them IMHO to keep
them out of their hair! Unreal!

Glad recovery has shown me a healthy way to live...