Notices

Day 2 & feel awful

Old 11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 2 & feel awful

Hi Im new to this, talking to people about my problem that is

Ive tryed to give up a few times, & did really well once but fell off & couldnt stop.
Mostly vodka & wine, that was me- Bottles & bottles of the stuff really Heavy.

I mostlty want quit for myself but also my girlfriend of over 3 years & my young son from a previous relationship, we own a house together but she caught me hiding the drink & keeping what I was doing from her. She has now gone to her parents house to stay, and not sure if she will be able to come back to me & the house because I must of hurt her so much & she cant trust me anymore.
I dont want lose her & the house & life we we're going to build together.

So this time Im quitng & quiting for good, I never want touch a drop ever again, Please could you give me some advice to help me through this.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

I tried unsuccessfully to stay sober for my wife and other loved ones and it never worked out for me. Eventually I always found my way back to alcohol because deep down I still wanted that feeling alcohol gave me and I hadn't quit for me.

Alcoholism is progressive so it will get worse if you do continue. Look around at the damage alcohol is doing and ask yourself "Am I ok with this?" When we reach the point our suffering is no longer worth it we have reached what they call a bottom. It doesn't have to be bad it just has to be more then you are willing to put up with. If you have had enough be honest with yourself and know that the only way for things to get better is to never drink again. You have to do it for yourself when you have had enough.

Staying sober is very difficult in our early days so don't try and do it alone. There are people here and at AA meetings that can help you. You have made a good start.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Thanks for contacting SR.

Wow.... I've been there and back again! You are not alone!!!! I've swore off the drink forever just to find myself drinking again and asking how the heck I got here again. I have to do this for myself first. I love my kids soooo much, but that wasn't enough. I've loved relationships, that wasn't enough. I've lost sooo much, that wasn't enough. I never could do sobriety alone and just a promise to myself & God, and others. Support is out there for sure! AA is great for that. There's something about talking to another alcoholic that makes me feel like I'm not crazy and I'm definitely not alone.

I wish you all the best. Support is KEY.

Nicki
Old 11-25-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had to quit for me. Everything I ever put before recovery I lost.

Once I found AA, I found that I could stay sober. I tried on my own. I couldn't do it.