we'll see

Old 11-25-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

we'll see

AD entered rehab this morning. Because she was there in Aug/Sep, then broke her ankle and left after 16 days, her insurance will only pay for 12 days. So I'm praying that if her HP feels she'll need more, that somehow $$ will come thru a scholarship for her to remain the entire 28 days. I don't know how they determine these scholarships for rehab's...Does anyone out there know?

I'm trying very hard to "Let Go & Let God" :codiepolice After all, her HP got her there to begin with.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I'm not aware of scholarships for rehab... there is such a thing? It might be something I can look into for my AH..

I'm finding it easier to just let go and let God too.. My Hp can take much better care of my AH then I can.. so I'm letting him.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daughter's insurance would only pay for 10 days in the rehab but the facility had a halfway house. Since we stupidly paid for the first month, they did not give her a scholarship for the second month. We paid for that too. Other girls were given scholarships and then they left early. My daughter stayed the entire time and did everything that she was asked to do but did not get the scholarship. So my advice would be don't offer to pay. If you do then they will assume that you will continue to pay. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-25-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

From what i learned a lot of places have scholorships - you have to hit them at the right time and you have to really push for them - some are public funding, some from donations, and some from the facility themselves. could be partial or full. typically they will have a certain amount each year and once they are gone no more are offered. you really have to talk to the facility and first see if they have any scholorships available and what the criteria is - then do what you can to meet that criteria.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Insurance sucks, but God is good. He knows what she needs and will open the necessary doors if she remains willing. How good that she was willing to go into treatment again!