Notices

starting Hep C treatment today

Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

starting Hep C treatment today

yep, this afternoon, i start the treatment. i've read the leaflets, gone through the little filofax thingy i was given, and i'm damn scared i could get ill or lose my hair, or both. or get some into the treatment, then have to stop.

if anyone else has done this, it'd be great to hear from you. or anyone who knows someone, who knows someone. whatever.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Healing prayers coming yoour way...
Old 11-25-2008, 04:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
things as it is

Hi aNewHope. I went through 48 weeks of interferon and Ribaviran which I started about two years ago. I am now one year post treatment and all my labs came back clear...I have no detectable viral load. I kicked it's butt and it was worth it.

Lot's of my hair did fall out, but it grew back even nicer than it was. The texture changed a great deal. I have a ton of energy.

They (the medical crew) started me on antidepressants before I even began. Interferon can cause depression in Suzy Sunshine, so if they suggest it...take them.

It was very rough, but you do it one day at a time. It is a very worthwhile endeavor, because the success rate has been increasing and you can clear it. There are quite a number of forums on the internet just for hep c. Google it and you will see. They can be a terrific source of support.

It is a very common virus among alcoholics and many don't even know they have it.

I am not on this or any other forums too much lately because I am now working three jobs, but feel free to PM me with anything you would like to share. I'll check in more often. Hey, the good news is I have the energy to work three jobs. Really, it is worth going through the treatment...I have never felt so good.