had to share this.....

Old 11-24-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

had to share this.....

i'm going tomorrow to the humane society in a nearby large city and adopt a dog that i found on line.

as many of you may know, i lost my beloved rudy-dog.....maltese mix, little jewel of a companion last august after 10 blissful years with him....he was 15 years old when he had to be put to sleep. it happened while i was in the hospital.

altho he can never be replaced, i am ready to share my life with another fur-baby (as prodigal calls them).

this is the first time i've been excited about anything since last august. i can hardly sit still.

jeri
Old 11-24-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

I did this as well. I had a female Lhaso and a year later I got a male Golden. It has been the best thing ever. No they can not be replaced you just find new love. Like a child.
CONGRATSSSSSS. I want pictures.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Now, a dog knows how to give unconditional love. Humans, not so much....

I'm sooo excited for you. I can't wait to read all about your fur-baby. Maybe you could even post a few pics.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think that is so wonderful. I know we can't replace our loved animals but we can share a new love with another dog, and so many animals are suffering because of the economy. I have 4 dogs wish i could have more..God bless you for giving a dog a good home..
Old 11-24-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear a new furbaby will be joining your family. Animals give us unconditional love and ask for so little in return. Plus they are so intuitive. Most of my fur-kids have always known the right time to stay beside me when I needed them the most.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i love dogs i have foyr of my own, posts some pics if you can, would love to see your new baby
Old 11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Jeri best wishes with the new fur-baby! Keep us posted and share some
pictures with us!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a lucky creature to have you.....and you will be blessed many times over I'm sure! My little bichon/spaniel mix is curled up by my feet as I type. She is the one constant in my life. I can't wait to hear more about your new addition!!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Enjoy............

How excited I am for you! I am so grateful for my 2 dogs! I adopt homeless pets too and you get so much love from them! My greyhound smiles - literally- when I come home. He stands at the window and shows his horrific rotten old teeth. He is so blissful to see me it makes my heart happy! Best wishes to you and your soon to be new baby! Let us know all about him/her!

Much peace!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Yes - Pics please I'm so happy for you Jeri!

I too had a wonderful furry girl choose me to be her mom about 3 months after Chico died. I find the lessons she is teaching me a lot different than the ones my other pup did. She's afraid of men and doesn't trust people in general...sound familiar?

In helping her to trust again, I think she's helping me too

CONGRATS!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations to both of you! I'd be lost without my constant companion Kingston (he's my chocolate lab), one of his nick names is Mr. Wiggles, every time I come home even if I'm only gone 5 minutes, he wiggles his entire body, wags his tail and laughs at me! I love him.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am excited for you! We have several old dogs in the household here, the oldest being my oldest AD's dog I took in over 3 years ago. She has congestive heart failure, is on heart meds, and turned 15 in April. She's a very special old gal. (she's the one kissing me in my siggy pic).

Enjoy your new fur companion! :ghug
Old 11-25-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am proud to be owned by 2 rescue dogs. I have a 6 yr old Newfie mix who chose me when she was 2 yrs old, and a rottie/great dane/god-knows-what else giant goofball who stole my heart on Mother's Day last year when he was 4 months old.

My life has been richly blessed by having them in my world. My animals (2 cats and 2 grand kittens too) have taught me incredible and invaluable lessons about unconditional love.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Congrats on your new fur baby Jeri! My little min-pin, Missy, can sure tear the house up in a short amount of time, but I'm always grateful for the companionship.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

My daughter has wanted a puppy for a long time, and I love dogs. But, my ah wouldn't let us have one.

As soon as I get a job and I feel relatively stable in our new place, I think we'll get a puppy.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This reminds me of those last few lines in the movie "Pretty Woman" with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. He says something to her like, "And what happens after the prince in shining armor comes and rescues the princess?"

And Julia Robert's character responds, "She rescues him right back!"

CLMI
Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was the adoptive mother of a rescue cat for 7 years. I understand how precious a relationship with a pet can be - they're like family, only better.
I miss her. But she's still in my heart.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Maggie has been a blessing. She loves the girls and I. DH scares her. Maggie has broken down many walls for me.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

What a wonderful gift you are giving to that dog, "freedom".

There is nothing better than to adopt a dog rather than purchase one from a puppy mill. We all know they exist and are horrible what they do to them.

I am a PROUD owner of 3 rescue dogs. One is the love of my life, Corki (he's Corgi and Pekinese) the other is a full blood Corgi who's original mom was a vet, but since this baby wasn't show material she wanted rid of her. It has taken her 1 1/2 years to become comfortable with us. And last of all, my beautiful ToTo, yes that's right just like the dog in Wizard of Oz. He's a Carin Terrier that was found wondering the most busy road where I live. He was heartworm positive and almost dead.

He's now "mommy's love".

Congratulations and to see their tails wag and just love you unconditionally is priceless.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled to hear that you're adopting a rescue animal. They are just the best! I'm a proud mom to 3 rescue dogs & 5 rescue cats (yes, there is a lot of fur to pick up off my floors), but I love them all absolutely to pieces. I look forward to going home every night just to see there wonderful furry faces. I hope you enjoy your new friend!