Notices

Help

Old 11-23-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

I had a bad day , and feel like my sobriety is in jepody.Because I feel like a failier because I cant seem to get anything done and i am getting overwelmed. My brain is overloaded.I have a lot of good stuff going on.But when I get overwelmed I become fearful and ungrateful.Thank God I am still sober!

Last edited by dennis72; 11-23-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: miss spelling
Old 11-23-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Have you tried to relax?
A walk...a warm shower...juice ...music you enjoy
all those can calm me down.

I also find prayer immensley helpful.

Good to know you are sober..it really gets easier.

When was your last drink?
You may be still de toxing.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes the only thing I can say about my day is I stayed sober. That has to be enough. Really it's a miracle. Hang in there, don't beat up on yourself, getting sober isn't easy, it may take everything I have just to do that some days. But tomorrow will be better!

Peace
Old 11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Yes, thank god you ARE still sober! YAY for you!

Take a deep breath. Remember all the stupid crap that happened when you were drinking...and how you can avoid that Right Now, by staying sober.

Keep reading SR.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I feel like that all the time it seems like.
I have to just go somewhere where I can just reflect and calm my mind.
Sometimes I just go outside away from everyone and sit and take in my surroundings. Or sometimes I just stop completely and literally have to tell myself to slow down and just talk myself down from the craziness.
Sounds nuts..I know..But it works for me.
And the biggest part that works for me is...I just gotta go with the flow of life.
Pretty much I say F it to whatever is stressin me and just keep doing the right thing and let things just unfold as they should.
Hard to explain. But it has been working wonders for me the past month.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Dennis, I am glad you posted this..I feel I get nothing done, I am concentrating on me..not anything else. I am not working, I go to 2 AA meetings a day when i can..i do take care of my dogs..and clean a bit each day,,,I spend my time doing what I need, and that is meetings, praying, reading, posting here and reading here...I want to get a job, but I just can't seem to get my butt out there and get one..I feel horrible bout that, but I keep telling myself one thing at a time..sobriety is most important..I am hoping my next step is a job..then my other life changes...but thinking bout it all is way too overwhelming...Your sober,,that is most important, the rest will fall into place, relax and concentrate on you, not what you didn't get done, or didn't do...I have to tell myself that daily.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Dennis, with you all the way, know how you feel. Right now I'm climbing the walls for a drink but I'll just have to DO something, and in a way be 'selfish'..do whatever I need to do to calm my mind even if it means leaving behind a messy house and going to a movie or listening to a meditation cd on headphones, or having a coffee with my favourite bics and book...just to delay another hour, another half hour...even coming on here as well...just one day at a time...
God bless...we/you/all of us can do this....
Arabella xxx
Old 11-24-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Breathing

Hey Dennis, agreed on all that has been said. I'm so happy that you didn't pick up a drink, that's #1!! Don't beat yourself up, the first days are really rough, sometimes you just need to treat yourself a little extra kindly. A piece of REALLY good chocolate helps me sometimes. But when it's really bad I do things like scruba toilet or god forbid clean baseboards. Oh yeah, Cleaning out a dresser or closet, for 2 reasons, 1- It's symbolic as all get out, and 2- it usually needs to be done anyway.

You can do this, just keep comin in and venting when you need to.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sometimes I have moments like this. Sometimes I have hours and even whole days with THAT feeling. You wanna know the best thing about it. Getting through THAT time and realizing I stayed sober. I know in time THE FEELING will slowly loose it's power and become less and less. Just think..if we can all make it through THESE TIMES we can make it through anything...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dennis,

I found that getting outside and going for a long walk really helped to calm my mind.

I'm glad you're still sober.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep taking one step at a time. We're right here, on your side.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

How are you doing today?
Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bumble2008123 View Post
How are you doing today?
i am doing a little better today. thanks for asking. how are you?
Old 11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nolawench View Post
Hey Dennis, agreed on all that has been said. I'm so happy that you didn't pick up a drink, that's #1!! Don't beat yourself up, the first days are really rough, sometimes you just need to treat yourself a little extra kindly. A piece of REALLY good chocolate helps me sometimes. But when it's really bad I do things like scruba toilet or god forbid clean baseboards. Oh yeah, Cleaning out a dresser or closet, for 2 reasons, 1- It's symbolic as all get out, and 2- it usually needs to be done anyway.

You can do this, just keep comin in and venting when you need to.
Makes alot of sense thanks!