Notices
View Poll Results: Is the glass half empty of half full?
The glass is half empth.
5.88%
The glass is half full.
35.29%
The glass is completly full, half water & half air.
41.18%
Their is no glass, just molecules.
17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Hello, just intrducing myself!!

Old 11-22-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do u have a catch-22?

Hello, just intrducing myself!!

I've been around the drugs and alcohol seen since i was a teenager. Screwed up my life and never really got my life together! I've Benn clean since Halloween 2008 struggling through a outpatient day program and seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist at another building. I've been in and out of recovery for about almost 20yrs. I am at wits end I've been able to stay clean at times but my head never clears up I'm hoping you guys can give me some insight?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fulldresser4

Hi Candy, and welcome to SR and to a new way of life. Congratulations on your clean time, that is wonderful! Are you able to get to meetings at all? I know they saved my life along with my Higher Power who is God.

You will find much love and support here, and you will be in my prayers!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do u have a catch-22?

Thanks, Your sweet!
I could get to meetings yet I would have to take advantage of the taxi account my mom set up 4 me. I'm trying to break the umbilical cord. I'm also having some trouble with some social paranoia so I don't like to go!! Any suggestions?

I appreciate your prayers!!
Live, laugh, Cry, scream, Dance = Learn!!!!
Stay & Be Good!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do u have a catch-22?

That "quote" makes me feel very sad & Disgusted with myself!! Yet It is very beautiful and a strong message!

Thank you 4 sharing it with me!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Candy, it's going to be ok. You found us, & SR is the place that finally helped me get sober after 25+ yrs. of heavy drinking. There is so much wisdom and strength here, & it takes a long time to read through it all (I still haven't) but while you're sitting there reading and writing to us, you're beginning to heal. When I first came here I was still drinking - I'd sit here trying to absorb it all & cry my eyes out. These people pulled me up out of the depths - I felt sure I was going to die or go insane from my 24/7 drinking.
The best thing was, being forgiven for being weak and frightened - no judging. No one in my life has understood me the way my friends here have. It's freeing and strengthening. Sending love up there to you - the Hudson Valley - I'm jealous! Love, Joanie
Old 11-22-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Candy, it's nice to see you posting! Welcome!

Social paranoia? Well, how about paying attention to your thoughts? There is a high chance that they might be "irrational"... such as "everyone is judging me", or something like that. If that is the case, you could challenge those thoughts with more realistic affirmations such as "I am welcome in this meeting".

BTW, I like your avatar! That's Delight/Delirium, a character from the (awesome) Sandman stories. Here's more info on Del:
Delirium (DC Comics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Old 11-22-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Candy...I am a recycled drunk myself. SR has made my recovery much stronger. I do attend AA and have found many other tools to help me stay sober.

A freind says to me all the time that keep coming back was not so much directed at the newcomer to AA but to those of us who relapse.

I'm not a god person myself, but I understand what people mean when they say "don't give up before the mirical happens"

Oh yeah...and don't drink no matter what...cause sometimes no matter what happens.

Welcome
Old 11-22-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR~ I hope you stick around, I'm new here as well and it's been a tremendous help =)

God Bless~
Old 11-22-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you...Welcome!
Old 11-22-2008, 05:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

candy, welcome to the family...

good wishes...

rz
Old 11-22-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do u have a catch-22?

Mattcake, thanks for the words of wisdom.

"one who knows too much eventually goes insane." "one who knows truth as truth and nothing else can't comprehend this world of lies."

Not sure if this was what you were getting at with Delirium or not? Stories sound wickedly interesting!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR Candy! Glad that you found us-
Congrats on the sober time-

Please stick around and keep posting here and in our other forums!
There are stickies at the top of the forums that are filled with a wealth of
information!

There is a lot of support here so please know that you are not alone!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome Candy Striper.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well, the Sandman series is extraordinary. Comic books "for mature audiences", collected in 10 volumes, written by Neil Gaiman. Delirium is one of my favourite characters. According to the Sandman mythology, eons ago, Delirum was originally called Delight. Something happened to her, and scarred her so badly that she became Delirium - adorably quirky and off the wall. Gaiman claims to know what brought about this change, but he has kept silent; Del's downfall is one of the most controversial and discussed topics among us Sandman fans Maybe you could read the series and see what you make of her.

Anyway, I hope that you feel better soon Take care of yourself.

Last edited by Mattcake; 11-22-2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: uhmm yes, i'm a comic book geek!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Whoops, I spelled your name wrong. My bad
Old 11-22-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do u have a catch-22?

Hevyn, thanks for the encouragement.

I'm starting to be extremely grateful for all of you! Your post's are making me feel more at peace with reality. (I hope!)
Old 11-22-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

candy welcome from a fellow new yorker and congrats on your sober time! for me it has been all about the support around me; aa, my family, literature and forums such as these. but the bottom line is you have to want it for yourself! i know i have to be as committed to sobriety as i was to my drinking...like several people have told me...."how far would you go to get a drink? you should be willing to do the same for sobriety" for me this makes sense and i HAVE to keep my sobriety and mind, body & spirit the most important thing in my life always!!! keep coming back we are here for you! in love & peace...Lisa
Old 11-22-2008, 07:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

ahh, now i see your other post, I posted on your other blog...I really suggest AA and/or NA. You will find so much support and caring people there..whom you can connect with, I know you are scared to go, but you just walk in.sit down..and listen, no pressure there...And keep reading and posting here....you can get a ton of support here.. Congrats on your sober time!!!,
Old 11-23-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

Hi Candy and welcome to the family of SR , were glad your here , your gonna like it here as were all very fond of this place . focus on today , thats all that matters .. look forward to seeing yah around and reading about your new jorney in soberity .. :ghug3 Endzy