I went to an AA meeting with rah

Old 11-20-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Talking I went to an AA meeting with rah

Wow......is all I can say. This meeting was the most hard core meeting I have been to. I've only been to a few with my best friend and a few with dh. At first I thought the guy was a dope and a jerk.......then I realized holy shat he's hard. I love the brutal approach.
This speaker poured his heart out and let the timid one's there know that this isn't some place where your mommy is going to hold your hand and that the meetings where they hug you and say "I'm so glad you made it back" were a crock of shat.
In the real world you don't have "yes men", you have YOU to listen to. If you want to recover then you follow these rules if you don't then there's the door.

Even I had an awakening! Codependancy teaches me me me and AA teaches learn to respect others, honesty, acceptance and admit when you've wronged. There is no reason not to use it in every day life.

I can't wait to go again. I don't want to get in rah's recovery so I let him know that I enjoyed the brutalness and I felt it would help me to understand him and also understand my own shortcoming and faults.

He said he had no problem with it. I wish I could have shared it with all of you. It was amazing.
Of course I won't go to anymore but this particular one. I think I needed that kick in the arse today. I felt empowered today. It gave me new tools to understand dh.

So for today it was a great day. We had time together and included each other in our own recovery.

I did cry when they all held hands and took a moment of silence for those who still suffer and for those who have lost their lives.
With my best friend passing a few years ago I thought it very kind for them to remember those who lost the battle and those who have not found serenity yet. It touched my steel heart.

So far........rah is doing great. He is following the steps of AA. It's amazing the work he is putting into this daily. Today was a great sober a great non codependant day for me and a wonderful day with daddy for the kids.

Dh is on his first outting with ds at his school doing a scavenger hunt. It's the first time I've let them venture out together to play. They both deserve it and you should have seen them both glowing. I'm happy.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stubborn,

That sounds wonderful. Congratualtions!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

The few AA meetings that I've been to with my AH were also really inspiring.
I love my AlAnon group, but it's a little, shall I say, "sweet," in comparison. Sometimes it's nice to get the "life or death" kick in the rear.
Recovery is "life or death" for me, too.

I'm glad that you're finding such blessings in recovery.

-TC
Old 11-20-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Thanks. I love brutally honest. I can't imagine why. Thick skinned at this point huh? lol
Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ago

they can be really fun huh?

steel fist inside the velvet glove

beats "dancing with the stars" (for me)
Old 11-20-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hold on, waita minute!

gonna have to disagree about DWTS...

it's gettin' good!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:39 AM