another ranting thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

another ranting thread

Every so often, at the request of my lawyer, I break into my AH's emails and read them. I've known he was flirting with this girl online for awhile, but what I found the other day is just disgusting. #1, this girl is in college and my husband is late 30s. #2, the emails were SO inappropriate for a married man "I really need a hug", "I wish I was there to hold you" (they live in different states). #3, we've been separated for three weeks now and he's stopped calling to check in on our daughter.

WTF does he think he's doing!!! I'm so pissed. I want to yell and scream and beat him, but I cant' because the lawyer doesn't want him to know that I'm checking up on him... yet. I want this over, I want to move on. I want to quit checking up on him because it upsets me EVERY TIME. I'm tired of the disappointment. I want to quit being hurt. This has GOT to be over soon.

And another thing... I am a totally awesome catch! I have a good job, a beautiful daughter. I'm smart, fun, independent, attractive, tall, have a great family. I've done everything I can to get him to just BEHAVE... just do his fair share. I've begged, pleaded, threatened, I've offered unlimited 'bedroom stuff', cooked his favorite meals, changed my dress, my hair, moved, cleaned, changed jobs, ignored friends... and THIS is what I get in return? An unemployed drunk having an online emotional affair with a woman young enough to be his DAUGHTER. I deserve SO much better. I DEMAND BETTER and step #1 is getting rid of HIM, the dumbarse basturd. What a FOOL!!

*sigh*

Ok, I feel better now.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ago

sounds unhealthy

I mean the part about reading his emails

Why can't the lawyer read the emails, all that would do to me is keep me sick.

I appreciate a good rant, and have had some doozies here myself, but the moment i made the decision to move on what she did was absolutely none of my business.

I mean Duh! of course she behaved inappropriately, that's why I left her!

LOL

anyhow,

Thank you for your /rant I heartily approve of a good rant now n again.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you feel better after ranting.

For me, reading the emails for a while was freeing - since xAH always told me I was nuts. I could see how sick he was and moving on became easier. It also showed me that the girl also young enough to be his daughter was already hearing the same crap I heard for the last 5 years.

Everyone is different. I'm not sure your attorney would be legally authorized to tap into your husband's email account. Have you checked with him lately as to when you can stop?

((( )))
Old 11-20-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dang. What a pain to be told to check his email. I wonder why? I don't think it can be used as evidence of anything.

Hang in there. You will get beyond this and feel ever so much better.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My xAH's emails were used as evidence of his violent nature and his talk of killing me in a blackout.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

denny, We're they send to you? Or did you get them by snooping into his email account without his knowledge? I would think there would be a difference in whether they could be used or not. But what do I know. I ain't no attorney.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's not considered snooping (in my state) if they are accessed on a jointly used computer, which they were.

So either he "forgot" he was using an email account that was accessible in our office (he had the computer remember his password), or he wanted me to read them. Either way, it's sick. But it got me my restraining order.

Laws changed here after the OJ Simpson case. I remember during our depositions xAH actually brought him up. Said "they wouldn't let them see OJ's journals, either." There was nothing to say to that, though I thought maybe things would have been different for Nicole if they had. Our judge did allow the journal entries, too.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by denny57 View Post
It's not considered snooping (in my state) if they are accessed on a jointly used computer, which they were.

So either he "forgot" he was using an email account that was accessible in our office (he had the computer remember his password), or he wanted me to read them. Either way, it's sick. But it got me my restraining order.
Interesting. I guess that is sort of like if someone leaves printed documents laying around. It becomes fair game so to speak.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

I only have a few more days to endure. If the lawyer asks for any more, I'm just going to have to tell him no.

In my state, I legally have permission to check my husband's email. While it is password protected, he gave me the password YEARS ago. I'm sure he has no idea I still remember the password.