A step in the right direction (recovery)

Old 11-13-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Thumbs up A step in the right direction (recovery)

My husband has been sober a bit over two weeks and from previous years I've held on to no expectations. I just sit back and watch his actions.

My rah actually picked up the phone and for a half hour called guys to get a ride to a meeting. He walked in my room and said "I have been sober far to long to miss a meeting and even if I have to have it with the dogs....I am going to a meeting!" I had to laugh.
It's the first time I've heard determination towards his recovery. I didn't let on that it made me happy. He's stepping up and helping with the kids, dinner, job hunting all without me being his mommy.
I've made my boundaries so very clear and he is actually respecting them. I wanted to share how happy I am since I haven't seen this in a long time.
Since we live just for today.......today is pretty dang good.

He has a drive for sobriety like he's never had. He is putting more effort into staying sober then he ever did drinking. He's starting to express himself to me about the addiction. I don't ask or force him. I allow him his space and he includes me when it's comfortable to him. This is going really good so far. I hope and pray with Gods help that this man lives the rest of his life sober.

Just wanted to share with you my friends.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

Stubborn - I am soooo happy that you're happy! I will keep your RAH in my prayers for his continued sobriety, and pray that you both have the wonderful life you both so deserve, especially in light of all you have been thru. This may have been his bottom, and I am so hoping it was. I'm keeping positive for you and his continued recovery!!!! God bless.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great! I hope he stays in the program.

:ghug2
Old 11-13-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great news and great perspective!!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Sounds like your doing the right thing for yourself. I hope things go along as they are now for you. Hugs and prayers, Bonnie
Old 11-14-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I like reading good news.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That sounds so positive, your are being the right support for him...that is so important...should blog on how ...
Old 11-14-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Originally Posted by Pam08 View Post
That sounds so positive, your are being the right support for him...that is so important...should blog on how ...
Blog? I'll have to think about that. It's taken a long time to get to today...I will think about it though. Thank you.