Notices

Welcome newcomers, and to all that have been here

Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers, and to all that have been here

For anyone coming and checking this place out, and for all the wonderful bloggers. Thank you Thank you. I am now 10 days sober, and even though I keep getting LIFE thrown at me I am sober today. If it was not for all of the support I get from here and my AA meetings I would surely be drinking. I keep getting stuff thrown at me which is very hard for me to handle, probably because I have very little coping skills, which I am sure comes with the territory of being an alcoholic. I know for me, I have a hard time with life struggles, I drank them away, and to deal being straight is very new to me and not particularly easy, easy is to get drunk. Well seemed that drinking was the easy thing to do til it took over my mind and soul.
To read the blogs of happy events or the struggles of staying sober, I feel such a connection. When I have blogged about stuff I am going through I have gotten so many responses of support and help. I feel not alone! :ghug3

Thanks to all of you, I am staying Sober, ONE DAY/or Minute AT A TIME.
God bless you all, I will keep coming back..to get support and to give back to you all I have to offer. Love to all :ghug2
Old 11-13-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep. Life continues to happen even when we fail to show up for it. Glad you're here!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pam,

I also had to learn how to deal with life's issues when I got sober.

It's not easy, but it's very empowering and rewarding!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post and positive attitude there Pam. Congrats on 10 days' sober ODAAT. Please keep Posting!!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, You all have kept me sober so far. I am struggling in alot of ways but i want all of you to know and new people to know how important this place is to me and how it can work for newbies.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Yep I agree. I am new here and it really does help to know that there is a place to come and share. The support is fantastic