need expertise about first check cvs brand drug testing..

Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need expertise about first check cvs brand drug testing..

Yes hi, my name is solost. i first posted months ago because I thought Bf was on crack. Went to meetings and thought I was handling things great. Here's the rub....

I fell into the yes I admit i was using , but since you caught me I will never use again moment. Months later(til today) i've tried valiently to get past not trusting him. there was no particular reason why except for a gut feeling, but tonight when he got home i asked him to pee in a cup for a drug test...he's on suboxone for addiction to pain pills(oppiates?) and chronic pain. his p test came up double lines(negative) on everything except thc and coc.

He tried using every excuse until the F%6$ you if you don't believe me. I peed in another test cup to show him what a true negative test would show. He still has me half convinced I'm crazy and false positives happen all the time with at home tests...Is this true? any advice will be appreciated...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Trust your instinct sweetie, it will tell you more than any drug test ever could.

Home drug tests can be manipulated, can show false positives or false negatives, are good for the moment only and are degrading to the person insisting on the test as well as to the person taking it.

There came a time, for me, when I just had to ask myself if I wanted to live like this anymore. I found meetings which helped me regain my balance and find a better way of living for me that saved my life. Today drug tests are no longer necessary in my life. Either I am comfortable and trusting in any relationship or I get out of the relationship.

My life is no longer about what is wrong with him, but instead it is about what is right for me.

If you haven't tried Alanon, Naranon or CoDA, maybe find some meetings in your area and give it a go. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Hugs
Old 11-13-2008, 03:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daughter is clean today and has told me numerous times that she will take a drug test if I don't believe her. I have told her no thank you because I know all the tricks. I also know it is only good for the moment it is taken. It will not help with trust which is something that is hard to have with an addict. I know that I may never be able to trust my daughter fully again, but I know that I can trust myself. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-13-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My addict is my 18 yo son. One of my boundaries is he cannot live in my home if he is using drugs. His DOC is Oxycontin and I cannot tell when he is on the drug. He just came home from a 28 day rehab. He understands that if I see addict behavior, he has to take a drug test to continue to live in my home.

I bought a 12 panel drug test online. The store wanted $40 a piece but I was able to get them for $10 by buying 25 of them.

Note of caution, pain pills usually do not show up on most drug test. You have to get a drug test that will test for these. For instance, Oxycontin is an Opiate, yet will not show up as an Opiate. You need a more sensitive test for this.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My niece fooled the court system for over a year. No drug test is foolproof but I believe there is a much higher liklihood of a false negative (when they mess with the test) than a false positive.

My gut did tell me my niece was using during her probation, but since she didn't live with us, there wasn't much I could do. In the end the police caught up with her.

I guess I now ask myself the question - what is her behavior telling me? Is she doing the normal wholesome things someone her age should be doing or is there a lot of missing informaiton, vague explanations, etc. Is she actively working a recovery program or is she minimizing or denying her addiction?

My opinion - Trust your gut and the tests.

Prayers you find answers that will bring you peace.