Been a while...

Old 11-10-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been a while...

So last time I was here, my ABF was out of jail for a DUI, going to treatment and AA and moving back to San Diego Thanksgiving,where I am. The plan was he was going to stay with me for a bit, find a job, sponser, etc. The closer and closer we get to the date though, the more anxiety I feel about it. He still owes money to the courts, needs to pay to get his license back, get a job, etc. He is really determined to stay sober and I believe him and have faith in him and god that he will. I just feel like he is jumping the gun on this move back though. Of course I want him to be back, but I need to be rational about all of this and do the best thing for him. Ive talked to his sister and she agreed it was premature for him to move this soon and without having averything in place. I guess she just talked to him and he's decided he will stay for the time being. She said he was very emtional, but if he listened to her and decided the best thing was to take of his responsibilities first, doesnt that mean he knew this was the best decission? We havent talked yet and he doesnt know that his sister has told me he is staying. So, I guess Im just writing because I needed a release and some advice regarding what I say when I do talk to him. His biggest reason for wanting to move out here so fast is that he doesnt want to lose me. I guess all I can do is reassure that he is doing the right thing by staying and taking care f his responsibilites first, right? Thanks guys for listening!
:praying
Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes the best decisions are the hardest to make.

One thing I have come to believe is that if it is ment to be ... it will happen. Sometimes we have to put aside what we desperately want and do what we know is right. Just because it is not happening right now, does not mean it will never happen.

Last year around this time I had to make a very hard choice that I did not want to make. It ripped me apart to end a relationship with a man I truely loved with all my heart.... but I knew it was the only choice.

Today we are engaged and buying a house together and our relationship is better today then it has ever been....

when it is ment to be .. it will happen.