Update from Tina114

Old 07-25-2003, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Update from Tina114

Hello All,
I have not posted since last week so here is a little update.
I moved out last week, for five days, had to clear my head, it was nearly the death of him would you believe. He went to AA members admitted what he had done and has an appointment at the treatment centre that he went into five years ago.
This is a good step for him but for the first time my eyes are wide open and i will not be fooled, no more excuses, this time he will have to face himself with total honesty and once and for all get rid of all his ghosts.Thank you all for being here and i really appreciate your help and support, will keep you posted.
Sincerely,
Tina.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Tina}}}

Good for you for getting to a more peaceful place and good for him for finally taking positive action.

While he is doing his program, it might be a good time to focus on yours. It will help you clear your head and get balanced and feel secure that you can look after your needs when he is finished.

Sending hugs and prayers that things just keep getting better for you.

Ann
Old 07-25-2003, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Tina!

Let me second that. It's wonderful that you're both looking at recovery. Keep working on your own. That will help when his is going a little rough.

Hugs!
Smoke
Old 07-26-2003, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Thank you Ann and Smoke

Thank you for being there to you both and for your replys.
I think hubby will only attend the treatment centre one day a week for counselling but that is ok. I find it tough to pick myself up again at the moment i am angry, i know it will pass if i keep my thinking on track.
Even though i could see the change in him some time back compared to how well he was after his treatment five years ago what happened last week came as a shock to me, i could not accept that he let himself go back so far, is this common ?
Once again thank you and will keep reading this site.
Sincerely,
Tina.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi again, Tina.

Sigh. Yeah, it's common. But it's not the end. Hopefully he will be able to draw on the tools he learned before as well as the new things he'll be learning. I know it's maddening. Someone said of Dino once "A dog can learn. Why can't he learn?" He did, but it took a long time. Try to do some nice things for yourself and leave this up to him.

Hugs!
Smoke
Old 07-26-2003, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Thanks again Smoke

Thanks again Smoke,
Have always found it difficult to do nice things for me, lack of MOTIVATION, to long and too much in his head, have tried so hard to get out of it, oh this awful addiction, but like i said we have the tools no point just looking at them.
Hugs to you too,
Tina.