Help Please

Old 11-08-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help Please

My son has run away from rehab. I got the call around 12:30 today. He is diabetic and he left without taking any insulin with him. I'm told by one of his friends that someone does know where he is but wont tell anyone. I'm completely desperate. The initial danger zone for him would have been around 6:00 tonite when he would have to eat or risk a low blood sugar or seizure. Since he is with someone I'm assuming that he will at least eat. But within 24-48 hours he will risk high blood sugar shock if he doesnt have insulin. I'm going out of my mind - using is the least of my worries right now. The facility says that if he comes back soon they wont kick him out but if he stays gone for more than a day then he will go to YDC. I've tried to get word to him that he just needs to get back now but i dont even know if he got it or if he would even care.

He's thrown it all away but even worse he is risking his life right now. I'm so scared that he wont make it this time. I dont know if the next time i see him it will be in jail, the hospital, or the morgue. God help me
Old 11-08-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I pray that this works out WELL. I dont know what else to say. Sometimes things that seem really bad actually end up happening for a reason and then in retrospect what seemed bad actually ends up being SAVING GRACE.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

oh ((((Winnie)))), I just saw this now...I am sorry...
please remember his HP is watching over him...I am sending prayer for his safety and return to rehab...God has a plan for your son...one that just isn't obvious to us right now....prayers of comfort and serenity coming your way.. Grateful
Old 11-08-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Winnie))))

I am so sorry, and I know you must be terrified. I am sending lots of hugs and prayers to you both, but please remember HP is looking after him. Please keep us posted.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-08-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We dont know where he is but we think we know who he is with. This kid is a several years older then him and supposedly lives with his brother who is in his early 20s - no one knows where they live. He is a really scary person and I know that if he is with him and has trouble that this kid will just dump him off somewhere. He is not the kind of friend who would call for an ambulance because he would be too scared about going to jail. I'm absolutely terrified right now.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Winnie please keep us updated. My heart breaks for you and your son. God love you both and keep you all safe.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Winnie, I'm sending my prayers and trusting that his HP has already got him covered.

Hugs to you, because I know this is scarey.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I cannot even imagine the stress and fear you must be going through right now. My thoughts are with you!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

:praying

Praying for you and your son--
Old 11-08-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dear God, please bring Winnies son to safety quickly. That he returns to the rehab tonight. Thankyou Lord.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Winnie...the fear and stress you're under is unimaginable. Take deep breathes. know that prayers and angels are being sent your way.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My prayers also. Im sorry Whinnie. I have a question Whinnie. Does your son have cell phone? If so almost all phones are equiped with GPS and can be tracked to the location of where your son is. Even if the phone is turned off. I went on the run from the cops when I got raided 3 years ago with my son and they were able to track me with that until I ditched the phone. Im sorry I dont know what else to say except for my prayers. May someone find him soon. And if the other kid would dump him that may be in his favor for if the guy dumps him somewhere he may get help from a stranger that sees your son in distress.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by winnie12 View Post
I'm told by one of his friends that someone does know where he is but wont tell anyone.
Have you considered offering them the choice of telling you or the police?

One time when my daughter ran away from home I found her within two hours. I threatened every parent of her friends with a visit from the PD if they didn't squeeze the information out of their kids. No one wanted the hassle and everyone sang like a canary.

You have my prayers for serenity and your son for his safe return. God bless you, winnie.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Winnie)))

I agree with Chino. When my niece's biological dad's family kidnapped her, I called every one of them and told them they would be dragged through the legal dirt. Within an hour, my niece was dropped off at our door.

I was hoping to come home from work and hear you'd found him, but am still sending tons of hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-09-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Still no news.
A few of my son's "real" friends tried to reason with the boy who has him and threaten him but he just wont budge. The Juvenille Court knows this kid but they close up on the weekends and I cant get anyone there to answer their phones. I may try to go down to the police department today and talk to someone because they have to have some way to get into those records.

The problem they keep telling me is that I have to give them the address. At the latest, once Juvenile Court opens Monday morning they will release the hounds and get him back. I know my son's Judge and she will lock the other kid up for probation violation until he tells someone. At this point, I'm just praying that he sneaked some insulin to take with him. Usually when he ran away he did take insulin with him so the hope is that since he planned to stay away a while that he did.

I have a very strange calm this morning. I think i had acceptance of his problems before but now I think I'm coming to the realization that this is just who he is now. I'm not sure I have much hope anymore that he will change anytime soon. For now, we just need to find him and then put him in maximum security facility. He's just proven there is no other way.

In my heart I know that I tried to give him every opportunity that I could. There is just no more I can do for him.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh Winnie, I am just now seeing this! Please know that you and your son are in my prayers! :ghug :ghug
Old 11-09-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh Winnie, if I could hug you, I would. I just saw this post this morning, and I am a wreck for you. I hope he thought enough to bring some insulin. My daughter has medical issues that require daily meds or else she will go into adrenal shock, so I know the fear you have.

I am praying that someone tells where he is. For him to be medically safe, and then take it from there. I wish our addicts could see what their selfish behavior does to us. I know how much it hurts as a mom to have to realize that this is the way they are choosing to live.

Keep us posted.

Eileen
Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Winnie)))
The good news is, your son has been on insulin for a while, yes? He knows what a reaction feels like, and hopefully will get himself medical treatment, if he needs it.

Your son has his H.P. walking with him, and will help keep him safe.

Hugs and hugs....
and prayers....
Old 11-09-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm saying more prayers, winnie.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

((((Winnie))))

thank you for the update..prayers continue for you and your son...mega hugs, Grateful