What are you doing for YOU today?

Old 11-08-2008, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

What are you doing for YOU today?

I thought I would start this thread because there are so many of us here that are so busy taking care of our families and our addicts:codiepolice that we have lost sight of ourselves.. well at least I know I have...

So I figure I would make a list of all the things that I am going to do for myself today... It may sound a little selfish but sometimes a little selfishness carries us a long way : )

so here is mine

1. When I get off the computer, I'm headed to the gym to get me in a nice hard workout..

2. Next I'm headed to the grocery store to buy some healthy food... (I used to be a very healthy eater before I LET my husbands addiction get in the way)

3. Coming home to clean my house from top to bottom, put away the Halloween decorations and prepare the house to decorate for Christmas...

4. Settle in with a good book and maybe catch up on my tv shows that I DVR'd during the week

5. Finish the day off with an evening walk.. just to reflect on my thoughts and to think of some more ways of how I can take care of me...
Old 11-08-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great day Jerect! Good for you. I think this is a great idea. Maybe we can inspire each other.

Here's my day:
1 - Off to get a pedicure with a friend of mine, then lunch afterwards (I think our toes are going to be very cold today )
2 - Make a big pot of spaghetti sauce to put in the oven to low simmer for tomorrow night's din
3 - going to a movie tonight with another friend, and probably a little munchie before or after - we'll be walking to and from the theater too, which will be nice

Wishing us all some time for ourselves this weekend. I know for some of us this is a lot more difficult - still living with the A, kids, etc... but I hope for at least a few minutes of "me" time for everyone!

Thanks again Jerect - enjoy your day
Old 11-08-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have to work today, but then I am going home to my house (with no ex-abf and his son!) and then I am going out dancing or doing something fun.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think this is a great idea. The only thing I've done for myself so far today is come here.

My (our) day....
1. Scouting for Food. My son is in Boys Scouts. So we were out early this morning putting tags on doors asking people to donate food. We do food pick up next Sat. The food is then distributed out to the community for Thanksgiving. This is a fun valuable thing son is learning to give to the poor. This month is "Sowing Seeds of Kindness" month!

2. I have to supervise son and dads visit 1-7pm.

3. Home in evening. Probably read a book do some cleaning.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm doing whatever I feel like at that moment. I should be cleaning but I don't feel like doing that right now
Old 11-08-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do have homework to do, but got half of it done last night. I've come down with some sort of crud, so once I complete that, I'm crawling back into bed and snuggling with my zoo crew!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good thread Jerect!

I am actually planning on having a very similar day to yours... I am at work to meet some people who are remodeling the office right now, but after that I am going to go visit my ABF's grandmother (she's so sweet and lonely with him in rehab, he visited her every day at least once) and then going to go to the grocery store, get stuff for dinner tonight, and work out with my mom later. Sis is getting married next summer so we are both planning on getting in great shape by then!

Tonight - NO PLANS. Thank goodness for once! I am going to just hang out ALL BY MYSELF and eat dinner and clean up a bit and love it! Maybe do some girlie stuff like a face mask, etc...
Old 11-08-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

working tonite but i am off tomorrow. i hope to go see little j but that is doubtful. i will focus on me & do the other things that make me happy. i will NOT sit in this house tomorrow. i will go to church if i can't go see little j. i will be happy & have fun.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hope213 View Post
working tonite but i am off tomorrow. i hope to go see little j but that is doubtful. i will focus on me & do the other things that make me happy. i will NOT sit in this house tomorrow. i will go to church if i can't go see little j. i will be happy & have fun.
:ghug :ghug I hope you do have a wonderful day!
Old 11-09-2008, 06:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank you freedom. i did have a great day. mr. hope & i went to church. after we got out i came home & got a big pot of stew beef i made yesterday & took it to my granddaughter (little j's.sister). she has got just got her 1st apartment. she is 18. we had a wonderful visit. we hit on the subject of her dad & her brother but mostly talked about the good things going on in her life. we ate together & just visited. i do not see her to often. she lives about 30 miles from me & with her schedule & mine it just don't happen much.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm just trying to get through the day.... Laundry, work, kid's showers, dishwasher, mopping etc.

A very down day for me today, but tomorrow will be better I'm sure. I can only carry the torch for a while for my family if need be. AH apparantly can't Rough day today. Thanks for reading.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BBD

Wow! Fun thread... Today I had breakfast out with my grandsons. Duey headed out the door at 3am for his trip down south. I have the week to myself so I should be able to rest up and do as I please. Thank you Lord for that. Tomorrow I'm going to the mall with a friend and coming home to pick up my oldest grandson (9) for a sleepover. We always have a ball together. The rest of the week will unfold nicely I'm sure.....and by Wed. I'll miss my hubby and our normal routine...LOL Hugs to you all, Bonnie
Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

finally on the way up i hope ...

Originally Posted by jerect View Post
I thought I would start this thread because there are so many of us here that are so busy taking care of our families and our addicts:codiepolice that we have lost sight of ourselves.. well at least I know I have...

So I figure I would make a list of all the things that I am going to do for myself today... It may sound a little selfish but sometimes a little selfishness carries us a long way : )

so here is mine

1. When I get off the computer, I'm headed to the gym to get me in a nice hard workout..

2. Next I'm headed to the grocery store to buy some healthy food... (I used to be a very healthy eater before I LET my husbands addiction get in the way)
Interesting ... this weekend I concentrated on getting together a workout schedule and starting Monday I'm back at the gym hard core. Like you, I really ate healthy until my ex started with the drama etc ... then I started buying food that he liked even though I knew it was not food that would help me maintain my health/weight. I gained 65lbs!! 65lbs that I worked VERY hard the previous year to lose ... all that hard work, right down the tubes because he didn't like it when I went to the gym and left him all alone and lonely ... and I couldn't afford the really healthy food cuz he wasn't contributing financially ... then, when I gained the weight, he started calling me fat and making me feel even worse about myself than I already did ... and couldn't figure out why I wasn't ever "in the mood" anymore ... gee ... I wonder.

So ... What I'm doing for myself today ... is I'm gonna get back to feeling good about me ... and actually, my plan is to be in even BETTER shape than when he first met me ... and if he ever calls me again, or if I ever run into him or family again, I'll be feeling AND looking great and he can EAT MY DUST!!!!

I used to LOVE going out dancing ... but by letting him determine how well I took care of myself, my self esteem and body image went right out the window ... and now I have to get it all back so I can go back to the fun person I was before I let myself change for him. I still can't believe how slowly it creeps up on you until you don't even know where your own identity went ... crazy.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm taking better care of myself. I've lost 15 pounds (and have over 50 more to go.) But, I've made a dent. I did some yard work today in the backyard, while my daughter played in the leaves.

I drank lots of water.

I played with the dog.

I watched a movie I had been meaning to watch for the last month.