Just rambling...

Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just rambling...

I've no new updates from rehab about my son Matthew. I haven't spoken to them since last Friday..I'm guessing I'm due for a phone call today. I don't know if my husband emailed the Impact letter yet, as when I asked him Monday (after being asked the last Friday to write it)..he still said I'm working on it. I would have had that sucker done and gone. Maybe the counselor will see by his laziness, what I am dealing with. I refused to ask him about it again.

I've been having a meloncholy week, as next Thursday is Matthew's birthday, and I guess because Thanksgiving is coming up, and I've been very very anxious all week. Feeling bad that he'll have to be in rehab on his birthday. Should I care? Probably not, but I do. We've never had an argumentative relationship, he's never been nasty or mean to me, so I find it hard to be nasty to him.

I was going to ask the counselor if I can mailorder him a cake, and send a gift. We'll see what she says. I'll post later if I hear from her today.

Hope everyone tries to have a nice peaceful Friday.

Eileen
Old 11-07-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My son will be in rehab on his 16th birthday next month. They do allow passes but not for "party occassions" which bdays def are, and its not a visitation day so I probably wont even get to see him. Breaks my heart but that's a month away so i'll cry about it next month instead of today.

i did hear that they might give all the kids passes for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm ecstatic about that. He was in jail last year for the holidays and it was horrible for all of us - none of us felt like celebrating.

Of course its okay to care and feel sad - he's your son and you love him and want him to be happy. You also want to share in the milestone like birthdays with him. Let yourself feel sad when sad is how you feel. Its better to go through those emotions then try to suppress them. As long as you move on afterwards then its a healthy thing.

We'll all be here for you and I'll say extra prayers for you to find comfort next week.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

(((Sister)))
yes, the holidays are a challenge for me as well...I'm sorry you are sad..
I hope you have an opportunity in some way to celebrate your son's birthday...
prayers for comfort and serenity for you, Sister, and prayers for your son....hugs, Grateful

Last edited by grateful2b; 11-07-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:prayingPrayers for both your sons. I have been praying that my son will look for help soon too...