Update

Old 07-25-2003, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Update

HE LIED AGAIN

My A just called and had no mention of going to rehab today as he had so stated were his plans on yesterday. Waited all day before he called me putting me through pure torture thinking he was dead from self infliction. I said to him I'm glad your o.k. He acted like he didn't have a clue why I'd think otherwise. I'm thinking I'm not the one that said I'll try a pistol next time. He continued to tell me he was just mouthing. Pretty sick mouthing if you ask me.

I am just so angry with that hospital. I even called them today. I told them the advice he was given...the doctor actually gave him an option of out-patient counseling - let me tell you...he's too severe and I'm not just saying that - and just said for the next person I hope you take a little more interest. The thing was with everything I said to the doctor...my A never denied any and even areed to alot. I felt they should have had a mental health expert come down to ER as even the manager said. I told her their was so much more than even what we told them. He does need help. Some of the comments he has made toward people and what he may do in cases that they make him mad are unsettling. It makes me sick to repeat them. I don't understand why they don't scare me away but I guess that's because I know the other side of him. Boy do I need counseling.

I never tell anyone...I don't know what I'd do if he ever acted on any of them.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi ((sunshyne))
I cant recall all of your story but I just feel that you do need to talk with someone in person about your concerns. why take the chance on him not falling through with his threats? I know you have talked with the Dr. he sounds like a quacker to me ! maybe find out about a mental health clinic in your area. Before my son was diagnosed bi polar we used intervention to bring him in, once it was through the sheriff and the other our family talked him into going voluntary with my husband bringing him in. It didnt help all at once since he denied there was anything wrong with him. but, it did get him off the streets for a time when it was at its worse. and..we did find out what was going on,with his strange behavior and heavy drinking. The mental thing can be way to much for anyone to manage on their own, can family or friends help you in maybe talking to him, when he is sober and coherent?

sending you lots of hugs and prayers , and do take care of yourself first of all
Old 07-25-2003, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Liddy...

Do you mean talk with a therapist? I don't have but 2 friends I have told any of this to and wasn't completely honest with them.

I have mentioned to him before about a 72 hour evaluation - where the sheriff takes you in...he threatens me of things he will do if I ever do that. As far as his family...there are 8 brothers and sisters and only pairs of twos talk. He only talks to 2 of them regularly and they are as bad as he is. He hates my family - In my opinion I think he's jealous...don't get me wrong...I have no where near the perfect family but they do socialize and his don't. My family has been nothing but good to him through all of his drama shows and all. I just can't get past being so angry with the hospital...now it could be months before he goes for help but I guess if that be it the case then he wasn't ready anyways. It is eating me inside that he was that close to getting the help he deserves on Wednesday but because they apparently didn't see signs they needed and trusted him when he said he'd go in on Thursday...there blew that chance.

I am not going to stay married to this man but I do want to see him get peace within himself.