Another new person who found this site

Old 11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another new person who found this site

I am happy to find this site. I was hoping there were other sites out on the web—the one I had visited banned you for posting an opinion or advice in any form, or if you posted a poem or link to any other site, bam... you'd be banned.

I felt like I'd been squelched enough over the last 25 years from living with an A... didn't need it in my recovery forum outlet!

So, I'm a little over a year out from a long marriage with an A. And, I am amazed at how good I am doing - most days. I have my down days, but the burden of living daily with an alcoholic is done and history!

I'm still mending, and have lots of baggage to dispose of - which I am working on daily. This place will help me to keep things in perspective.

Thanks for being here!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, and I was also married to an A. My life is so much better now, and it sounds like you are definitely on the right track.

I know for a long time I refused to acknowledge the damage done from being with my AH, and I repeated the same mistake over and over, making poor choices in male companions.

Keep posting, and again, welcome! :ghug
Old 11-05-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trying, welcome!

Sounds like you're on the right track -- and you're right: I've definitely found that having this community helps me to keep my recovery efforts going.