Update On Grandaughter

Old 11-05-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update On Grandaughter

As you may or may not remember, a couple of months ago the granddaughter and her child were roaming the streets!! She decided she was going into a rehab, but didn't make it. She asked me to pay her storage fees while she was there I agreed as long as she stayed. Then she didn't make it, and I left a message on the cellphone she sold that "all bets were off, and I didn't care about her stuff" I told her if she wanted to keep her "stuff" she'd have to make other arrangements.

Well, she made it to the rehab on Sept. 30th and she called me to see if I would pay her storage. I said yes and I would be checking on her all the time.

Well, she is doing wonderfully. She loves it there and says she has never been happier with the way her life is going now. She has her baby there too. She went to court yesterday and they praised her for doing well. She will go back again in April at which time they will close her case if she continues doing well.

She is concerned about her Dad and encourages him each time they speak. She says she wants him in her life, but only if he is clean and sober as she cannot be around him otherwise. Good for her!

She is darn determined to continue on this path for the sake of her child. Isn't that good news?

Meantime my daughter isn't speaking to me again! She found her biological family and is very happy! I cried so much 'cause I felt like I never existed then all of a sudden God filled my life with other concerns.

Boy when they say for every door that closes another one opens, they are right!

I haven't seen my grandaughter for 12 years, as her mom kept her from us when my son divorced. It sure wasn't fair to us, but as hard as I tried she made sure I couldn't find them.

Now she found us!

I'll keep you all posted.

Sorry this is so long, but you know me!!!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Dev)))

So glad your granddaughter is doing well, and making progress.

Sorry about your daughter, but, hopefully, in time she will come back around.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-05-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! You certainly have a lot going on right now, and most of it seems pretty darn spectacular. I know you have to keep that grain of salt (sanity and reality) close, but I hope you are enjoying your renewed connections, on so many levels. Grateful for our blessings...

Hugs
Old 11-05-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((( dev )))

You have so much love to give, I imagine your HP is just up there deciding whom to plop into your life and when. I imagine your daughter is going to get to know her bio family and then probably be back as you are the one who raised her and who's really the mom in all this.

Big hugs
Cats

PS. Any word on the thread count at rehab?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go Grandma

B
xxxxxxxxxxx
Old 11-05-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

so very happy for you and your granddaughter..............as for your daughter well I'm sorry she acting this way....
Old 11-05-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi guys

So, what do you guys think? Maybe God has decided that 35 years of crying, begging, forgiving, and just plain giving and doing is enough! Maybe God thinks "come on she's done her job with them all. Who else would have the warden's name on speed dial? I'm going to give her a reprieve for a while!"

I HOPE, I HOPE, I HOPE!

Way too soon, way, way, too soon. I'll let you know after a year or so. Right now we are going to take it one day at a time.

The thread count? Hmmmm? Don't know about the thread count in rehab, but I know it ain't too good here! LOL

As far as the daughter is concerned, it's been a very bad relationship ever since she married the controlling guy! She wrote me to tell me how happy she was to find her bio family, although Mom and Dad both died. I was happy for her, but wished we could have been a part of her renunion with her sibblings. Oh well, that's the way life goes.

I'll survive! I've got a grandaughter and a great-grandaughter now.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 11-05-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BBD

I'm exhausted reading your threads here Dev. You sound like a cherry, fun-loving lady that can handle all the upheaval in your life with a bit of a chuckle. I'm so glad about your granddaughter and baby.....thats terrific!! Your other daughter~~bet she'll be back. Your the one who loved and nurnished her for years....and she'll realize this with time. Big hugs and enjoy, Bonnie
Old 11-05-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like enough is going on one day at a time is about the only way to go without getting exhausted. Sorry about daughter too but you gained another two in the process and glad to hear there doing fine.

Have a dear friend whose daughter married a control freak. She very seldom gets to see them cause hubby just doesn't think the family is good enough for them. The first Christmas after her daughter married she didn't even get a phone call. I know she cried all day not believing her daughter would do that to her. It's been a few years but she's meeting her mom now and then for lunch so maybe it will just take time.

Hugs,
Old 11-06-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Dev,
Wow Dev, this is simply amazing, your son, and his daughter are doing so well. I pray for them both that they will stay on the path of recovery.

It simply amazes me how life can change in the blink of an eye.

But your son had goals...like getting back to Mr. Dev's cooking, and a high thread count...

Prayers for your grand daughter, great grand daughter, and your son,
and you and Mr. Dev.....
Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Dev,
What a nice story to share. I'm happy for your grandaughter, her baby and of course Gram and Pap
Old 11-07-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

You have many blessings.
I admire your positive outlook.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dev, don't look now but I think your HP has given you wings and a halo...because only an angel could get through all this and still smile.

I am thrilled for your granddaughter and happy your son is doing so well. Don't worry about daughter...she's still groping in the dark but will see the light soon.

Big hugs to you and my favourite Italian chef!!

P.S. I am glad Cats asked about the rehab threadcount, I was wondering too.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wonderful story, I am so happy for you. I know that this Thanksgiving you will be very happy inside and truley Thankful for the blessings.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

All I can Say

Is:

I LOVE YOU ALL. PLEASE KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING. IT SORT OF LIKE THOSE UGLY CHAIN LETTERS YOU GET THAT SAY IF YOU DON'T SEND IT ON TO 50 PEOPLE YOU'LL HAVE BAD LUCK IN THREE DAYS!

SHOOT, I DON'T DARE TAKE ANY CHANCES I MAKE SURE I GO THROUGH THE TELEPHONE DIRECTORY AND SEND IT TO 100 PEOPLE, EVEN IF I DON'T KNOW THEM.

Last night son went out. I totally started to panic! Mr. Dev said, choices are his and not to fret. I was doing pretty well, but then notice the porch light still on and it was after 11:00 pm. I was going to get up and pace, but decided not to.

Woke up at 5:30 am, was almost afraid to open my eyes for fear I would see the porch light still on; however, when I opened my eyes it was off, and he was home. So he came home somewhere between 11:00 and 5:30.

Mr. Dev said, "DO NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS!" I didn't, but man how I wanted to.

So, thank you Lord for another day.

Love to all of you for your support and well-wishes and prayers

Hugs, Dev
Old 11-08-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

aahhhhhh dev, i am so glad you are sharing your happiness with us. you so desevrse it. maybe this is a miracle with your g-daughter & g.g. daughter.
i will agree with the others, don't worry about your daughter, she will come thru. i think most people that find there lost kin kinda forget about the ones that have loved them their whole life. she will come around. focus on the good. hugs & prayers for you & prayers for your family.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Hope

You know I sure hope you're right, but hope it's sooner than later, as I'm not getting any younger you know??

Nothing worse than regrets right? Oh well, whatever she does is her choice. I think it's very sad though that we were her parents for the first 21 years of her life, then she gets married and forgets she knew us!

I sure would like to know why??

Hugs, Devastated