update

Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update

As most of you know, I was hit on the head during a robbery earlier this month.

Instead of giving me "plenty of hours" at work on 2nd shift (3rd shift no longer exists), my hours were cut and 3 more people were brought back, or transferred in and giving the hours.

I've been going to workman's comp dr's, because I am still VERY scatterbrained. After finding out that they think this is a mental issue (PTSD) and they don't DEAL with that, I went to my dr. I was put on an anti-d, which hopefully will get my brain back to working okay. I have an appt. with the neurologist on the 19th.

I've been struggling with money, nausea, no appetite, but I turned over the money issue and just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I've applied for numerous jobs, and will continue to do so. I just got a check, today, for work that I had done for a friend of dad's and can pay my bills. I am applying for reinstatement of my nursing license and am, now, ready to jump through whatever hoops they want me to jump through. I am also applying for gov't jobs and am probably going to take a course online.

On the 9th, I will have 20 months in recovery. I won't deny that when the robbery happened, I thought it was a darn good excuse to get numb. But instead, I came here and clung tight to my friends at SR.

To those of you who have loved ones still struggling, don't give up hope. It's taken me 3-1/2 years to get to this point, and I made some stupid choices along the way. Four years ago, I was homeless, jumping into cars with strange men, and could think of nothing but crack.

Today, I realize that I am learning valuable lessons from my struggles, and my friends, family, and my faith keep me moving forward.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-05-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Amy, so good to hear how well you are doing, you are truly one of my Heroines..
you have planted lots of seeds, and met your HP more than half way..
I pray that you will find your way to nursing again, how blessed they will be...
boy, when I think of the amazing woman you are , it is hard to believe three years ago, wow...
I am sending prayers for healing and abundance, and doors to open for you...hugs, Grateful
Old 11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

So grateful for you sharing your recovery with us -

Very, Very Proud for you!!!

Keep taking such great care of YOU - You truly deserve it!

HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-05-2008, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Amy, You certainly do have alot to think about and for that I'm so sorry. You didn't ask for what happened to you at work and why your hours have been cut just isn't fair. Life certainly isn't at times...thats for sure. Getting your nursing license reinstated would be wonderful. There are jobs all over the place here for good nurses....and everywhere else I bet! 3 1/2 years of staying straight is something to be so proud of so NEVER get numb by that root again... if you lived by me I'd take you shopping..and out for a great dinner. Hang in there girly! Things will get better. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sooo grateful to have you here giving me the much needed help. You should be so proud of yourself reapplying for your license is a HUGE step!!!! And 20 months of being clean words cant even describe how great that is. Good for you.

If its any consolation (I know its not) those years you spent on drugs have given you the ability to be who you are today and be the example for so many not only on this site but all around you. I commend you for going through that stuff with the robbery and ending up ON TOP!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and your friendly ear. I really appreciate it.
You and your continued recovery will be in my prayers!!!!!

Hugs to you!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I've said it to you before and i'll say it again, don't worry, you are meant for great things amy, it will all come together.

(and i am going to hit that powerball tonight so no worries, lol)
Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Amy, you are in my daily prayers..
Old 11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Impurrfect

Wow, a great deal has happened in my absence hasn't it?

First off, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. My goodness that is terrible.

Maybe it was all just a test. If so, you passed it with flying colors and this is what gives all of us hope that this staying clean and sober really does happen!

Thank you for giving all of us the courage to keep moving forward and for keeping our hopes alive.

Good things are coming your way you just hang tight.

Hugs & Prayers, Devastated
Old 11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Amy, My husband and I are going through a tough time right now what with him getting layed off again, the money we shelled out for daughter's rehab and what I have lost in my retirement account. But I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach, bills paid and a clean daughter. What more could I ask for. I am so glad that despite everything you are clean. That is a miracle. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-05-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Amy - You are a miracle and an inspiration to my own recovery. Thank you.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
krhea75

Amy,

My son sits in jail now because of his refusal to get well. Your example gives me a glimpse of hope, and the reminder that what I see now is hopefully not what I will see in the future. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
krhea
Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What a road you've traveled lately and still here for everyone. My husband was in an armed robbery a few years back. Don't think he remembers it much but once in awhile I get chills over what might have happened.

Prayers the medicine helps and all the other tests are okay. Stress can have a lot to do with it also.

You are an inspiration.

Hugs,
Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Amy, you shine a light here that brightens each day.

I have learned that even the difficult times in life can be gifts and I have a feeling that through this all you are being led to something wonderful. Keep the faith and know that you are not alone and good things are headed your way.

Hugs
Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Amy, you are an inspiration, I am amazed at how strong you are, with all you have gone through and still you are always concerned about others. Bless you!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
To those of you who have loved ones still struggling, don't give up hope.
Reading about you and your dad has given me more hope than you'll ever know. Thank you
Old 11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You inspire and give hope. I appreciate you.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today, I realize that I am learning valuable lessons from my struggles, and my friends, family, and my faith keep me moving forward.
Amy...... I all too often give up hope...... and your inspiration pulls me through!!!!

Yes.... keep on moving forward! Your gratitude is SHINING...... and you are such a dear..... a blessing to me and I'm sure I can speak on behalf of FF SR that you a gift!

BIG love to you xoxoxo
Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Impurrfect - where would we be without you? Thank goodness that whack did knock out of commission your common sense and big heart! Sorry that you continue to have to deal with repercussions from the incident at all - it must have been so frightening at the time and I hope that with the help you are getting you will soon be able to feel back to normal.

You are definitely an inspiration! Thank you so much for all that you share here!

(((hugs)))
Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

aw gurl I know you will make it.((((((BIGHUG)))))
Old 11-06-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Amy)))
With all your ups and downs, I know you have good things coming in your future. You have great determination, and your H.P. sees how hard you're working, and giving it your best, and he's going to do good things for you.

Thanks Amy for being here.

Hugs and prayers.....